Here is my prediction.

by Iamallcool 12 Replies latest jw friends

• emeth
    emeth

we have 3 congregations sharing a Kingdom Hall. Every year two congregations rent facilities in a Hotel and one gathers at the Kingdom Hall

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My MIl's hall, and I belive many others, met at a large auditorium this year. The Auditorium is dedicated to the military.... kinda ironic huh?

• Zoos
    Zoos

Emeth that is the way my old congregation started doing it, just about the time I was waking up.

In fact, that first time in a large banquet room at a local Marriott Hotel was also the last time I met (in a JW atmosphere) with my then bible study. I had admitted to him during our last few studies together that I was beginning to have doubts about the religion I was teaching him. He rightly asked, "If you don't believe this stuff, what's the point of continuing this study?"

Anyway, he met me at the Marriott for his first and last Memorial out of respect. When the singing started, it sounded terrible and pathetic as this was also the first year the new song book came out and nobody knew the melody. I was SOOO embarrassed - not only in front of this soon-to-be ex bible study, but also the hotel staff that was supporting the event.

Watchtower craziness is bad enough when it is conducted within the confines of a Kingdom Hall. When it starts leaking out into other people's buildings... YIKES!

BTW - that ex bible student and I are now awesome friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit