Who is the mediator for the R&F now?

by nonjwspouse 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So the RNWT should have read, "...mediator for all men* in the new covenant.", with a footnote saying " All mankind under the new covenant."

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

sd-7 said: “The 'faithful slave' is the mediator for the R&F now. They've gone so far as to say that once they get to heaven they'll help apply the value of the ransom sacrifice to mankind's sins over the course of a thousand years.”

Is the above comment, “The 'faithful slave' is the mediator for the R&F now” in a WT article as an official explanation on this.

If someone has the time, I’d appreciate seeing the references to this statement. I may have missed it in the flurry of “New Light” revealed over the last few years. Thanks.

• jhine
    jhine

marked

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Anthony Morris should be our mediator. He's the only GB member who saw action in Vietnam.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

When I still attended and had prayer 'privileges', I used to end it by mentioning our mediator, Jesus, mostly to irritate one elder who made a real point of reminding us that Jesus is not our mediator.

No one ever called me on it.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Thank you, Blondie! That’s a good observation: the WTS likes to flaunt their apparently exclusive position as being the sole object of Jesus’ mediatorship, BUT, however, when discussing (or debunking) the validity and appropriateness of venerating Jesus’ mother Mary, then the proper, Biblical understanding of Jesus being the “only one mediator between God and mankind” sort of slips out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit