Being asked to Open or Save a file

by Heaven 13 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Guys... even from the Google link for this site, I have been receiving this pop up:

Am Cancelling out but wasn't sure why this was happening. Thought you should know.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Probably an incorrect file association (the wml extension).

which browser are you using? Is this on a mobile device?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hey WMF... thanks for responding. I am on my laptop at home using Firefox 14.0.1 ( I know it's kinda old... ).

The pop up is not happening all the time, just periodically and only on JWN links.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Having the same issue, but doesn't occur often...last time I had this is issue was sometime last year.

Kool Jo

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It's them demmunz again! Your PC is possessed- set fire to it now!!!

Was this helpful?

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

I wonder if it is me somehow. Did you have trouble opening this thread now I have posted?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Not sure but sounds like it is trying to open it as a mobile page like on a phone, i.e wap pages.

No idea why, but would recommend resetting firefox to defaults...

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-preferences-fix-problems

• Heaven
    Heaven

defender of truth said: I wonder if it is me somehow. Did you have trouble opening this thread now I have posted?

Yes I have had trouble opening this thread. The pop-up has occurred about 4 times now. Was just able to open it without the pop-up after posting on another thread.

WMF thanks. I should probably upgrade as well as other apps are complaining to me about being downlevel.

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ transhuman. Your post was helpful in that it gave me a good chuckle.

From a technology perspective, not so helpful.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

It is me then. I'm posting via an old phone, can't afford a new one and can't use the PC. I will leave, then you and others may not have the problem. Goodbye, take care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit