Special Talk Outline 2014 - Does anyone have it?

by gbrn 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gbrn
    gbrn

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if the upcoming special talk outline has been available by way of a leak? If not and somebody has access to it, can we somehow get it uploaded for us. I may be in a position where I attend with family, and would like to know what I'm in for.

Thanks!

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I can guarantee that the 'special' talk will be yet another repitition of the same boring drivel we've heard for decades. A real snoozefest. And virtually no 'visitors' from the surrounding community. If any did show up, they would be totally bored and turned off. My recommendation is to skip the talk and go out to a nice restaurant for a 'special' tasty meal that night.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Here ya go...

WHY WOULD A LOVING GOD PERMIT WICKEDNESS?

Note to the speaker:

Present answers that first-time attenders can grasp. Strengthen the faith of Jehovah’s Witnesses who may struggle with this question when tragedy strikes them personally

GOD HATES THE EVIL OF SATAN’S WORLD (5 min.)

Victims of accidents, crime, war, terrorism, and disasters, often ask, “Why?” ( g 11/06 3-9)

Have you wondered why a loving God would permit evil things to occur?

Even faithful servants of God pondered that question [Read Habakkuk 1:3]

Some people conclude that God does not care about humans

The Bible reveals that God hates suffering and injustice (Jg 2:18; Pr 6:16-19)

Jehovah felt hurt at heart because of all the badness in Noah’s day, and his hatred of wickedness has not changed (Ge 6:5, 6)

Be assured that God is never the source of wickedness (Job 34:10; Jas 1:13)

WHY GOD HAS TOLERATED WICKEDNESS (20 min.)

So why does a loving, just, and all powerful God permit the evil of Satan’s world? ( w02 10/1 5-6)

A common misconception is that God directly controls every situation

However, Jesus identified Satan the Devil as “the ruler of the world,” the one responsible for wickedness (Joh 14:30; 1Jo 5:19)

Satan, “the father of the lie,” has seduced wicked angels and humans to join him in rebelling against God (Joh 8:44; Jude 6)

Jehovah has permitted evil to exist for the past 6,000 years in order to settle the issues raised by Satan once and for all time (Ge 3:1-6)

Satan questioned Jehovah’s right to rule ( bh 109-110 pars. 10-11)

Has independence from God brought true freedom and lasting happiness? No!

Human rule has resulted in war, oppression, suffering, and death (Ec 8:9; Ro 8:22; w13 9/1 3-5)

Jehovah well knows the pains we suffer and promises to bring relief (Ex 3:7; 2Co 1:3, 4)

Jehovah assured Habakkuk that He had set an “appointed time” to eliminate injustice and oppression (Hab 2:3-5)

Jesus has already begun to “break up the works of the Devil” (1Jo 3:8)

How comforting to know that all suffering will soon end! (Ps 37:9-11; 72:12-14; w13 9/1 6-7)

The patience of our loving God means salvation for “the meek” (Ps 149:4; Jer 29:11, 12; 2Pe 3:9)

EXPERIENCE “THE REAL LIFE” FREE FROM SUFFERING (5 min.)

If you have sincerely cried out to God asking why, then listen to him by taking to heart his message of comfort and hope[Read Revelation 21:4; 22:1, 2]

Any damage experienced in this system of things will be reversed [Read Isaiah 65:17]

In the meantime, hope in Jehovah and imitate the patient attitude of faithful ones, past and present (Hab 3:16-18; Heb 6:9-12)

As you continue to support God’s sovereignty, you will soon experience “the real life” free of all wickedness (1Ti 6:19)

[Adhere closely to the outlined material, and observe the indicated timing of each section. Not all cited texts need to be read or commented on.

See Ministry School, pp. 52-55, 166-169]

No. 187-E 7/13 TO BE COVERED

• matt2414
    matt2414

Jehovah has permitted evil to exist for the past 6,000 years in order to settle the issues raised by Satan once and for all time (Ge 3:1-6)

This is the most stupid reasoning anyone could possibly have conjured. Why does it take 6,000-plus years for this issue to be settled, and yet imperfect humans only have six months or so with a free home "Bible study" with one of Jehovah's Witnesses to be convinced on this matter? If you design and create a faulty structure, aren't you responsible for any imperfections that may bring harm to others? Even if someone else throws broken glass or nails on your property, aren't you responsible for cleaning it up before someone gets hurt? If you're a parent, and your teenage children throw a drug/sex party in your home, and you are aware of it, who's really responsible? As an all-knowing and all-powerful Father and parent, how can God throw the blame on someone else? How can he just stand by and watch his "children" bully, beat, rape and kill, and get bullied, beaten, raped and killed right before his eyes? Don't the scriptures apply to him also, namely, "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them" (James 4:17)?

Doesn't the Watchtower's argument, in effect, make God a sinner? Isn't the all-knowing Governing Body really making a mockery of God with such a weak and untenable argument?

Just sayin'.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If you go, see if you can get an answer to this:

GOD HATES THE EVIL OF SATAN’S WORLD (5 min.)

Victims of accidents....

So, does this mean there are no accidents in the new order? I asked a question related to this as a child when I was preparing for baptism. I did not get a satisfactory answer then or ever since. But since it is in the outline, it must be answered.

If we are going to live forever does that mean that we cannot die? If we accidently fall off a mountain while playing with a lion, will we die? Well, evidently the answer is that we will have no accidents. But that seems odd; attributing accidents to Satan's world seems a bit of a stretch.

• gbrn
    gbrn

Thanks CA! If I end up going I'll jot down what they say on accidents NewYork 44M.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Marked...absolute BS, this.

• FrenchFreeJW
    FrenchFreeJW

Who hurled down Satan near the Earth in 1914 ? No other place available in the universe ? Really ? Why submit our world to a new ordeal, once again, after the deceived snake, the Nephilim, natural disasters, .... If this is the way that God loves the world so much (John 3:16) this is a very weird kind of love !

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The basic answer is: There is no God, no Satan, no Adam & Eve, no Noah, no Snake, etc etc. We are all just here for a brief time span and then we are gone forever. And that's all, Folks!!!

• integ
    integ

I don't believe that to be true Navy. There's a purpose and an 'afterlife' to all this it's just that religion and specifically the witnesses don't have the answers to what it all is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit