What is the difference between an active JW and a successful FORMER JW?

by Terry 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

TWO OUTSTANDING negatives connected to being an active JW?

1. Completely abandons the necessity of success

2. Unwilling to view life in pragmatic terms

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Uhhh...YEP!!!

1. Completely abandons the necessity of success:

Wanting to be successful in any endeavor outside the group, or in any way that does not benefit the group, is considered prideful and Satanic.

2. Unwilling to view life in pragmatic terms:

Truly indoctrinated Jws have a learned inability to be pragmatic. The longer they are invested in the group, the more their unwillingness to be pragmatic is evident. Once you have so much invested, you will cling to the ideology in the face of reality.

DD

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Terry I'm a born-in, but I have this trait to gather information about bad events in my life.

I always try to figure out what/how/why happened.

It's interesting to me see someone talking about it.

I fully woke up when I was 24.

I just overcome something when I full understand it.

• Terry
    Terry

John__Mann, I have to accuse you of SANITY!

Can that be a bad thing? :)

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

LOL

• fakefading
    fakefading

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom :-D

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

I've said before and I'll say it again: The same mind that got you IN to the JW's is still with you after you are OUT.

You cannot figure it out with a damaged mind!

Terry,

Love it!!! such true words. I do remember when I was in therapy after I left and was sorting out all of my inner stuff over the JW experience, my therapist told me that I was a person of conviction and integrity when I became a JW, and I left because I was still a person with conviction and integrity. Thanks for your words

Shana

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I disagree with point 1. I'm passionate and creative but am NOT an early riser. Never have been and never will be. My best creative hours are between 22:00 and midnight.

• Terry
    Terry

Let's face it, I gradually immersed my life in the JW ethos with a thought in my head toward JOINING.

I absorbed and was absorbed by inches at a time. It is the "boiling the frog" process where you don't jump out

of the pot because everything is "normalizing" as you go.

Being pragmatic as a human being in the real world means taking care of yourself reponsibly and planning for the future

in a practical way.

Just the opposite prevails among those held in thrall by Watch Tower versions of the imminent future.

The more I read the comments of current JW's on their own discussion outlets--the more I'm convinced nobody actually KNOWS

the theology, the policies or the history for real.

Wow! How do they get away with that? Is stupidity, vapidity and morbidity the prime requirement of membership now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit