JW parents actively seeking relationship

by Leeca 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Leeca
    Leeca

Sorry about no paragraphs. I put them in when typing but when i post they disappear.

• steve2
    steve2

Leeca, was your father physically and mentally abusive in the family when he was a JW? If so, he was hiding behind religion and mental illness. Very unloving of him. Go very carefully. It's hard at the best of times for parents to un-JW themselves - especially when they've already made a stand against you in the past. I'd be heathily skeptical - at least until you have direct and abundant evidence they actually have un-JW'd themselves.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

It's simple: They're starting to realize that "The End" truly is near, for THEM. YOU are the weakest link, seeing as how the other siblings have told them point blank that they don't want anything to do with them or have them near their kids. (really tells me how f*cked up they are!) On the other hand, maybe they are ready to leave the WTBTS?

Talking to them would be ok, as you are hundreds of km's away. Moving in with them? Ha! No freakin' way. Might as well shoot yourself now and get it over with, cause living with them again would be hell.

What does your gut tell you?

- Wing Commander

• Listener
    Listener

Ask them if they have had a change of heart, if so, ask them why. If you get a straight and logical answer then consider your position. They need to be upfront with you so you can work out wha is best.

• steve2
    steve2

Oh, Leeca forgot to add: Please keep us posted as to developments won't you? Thanks!

• twice shy
    twice shy

Forgiveness and love goes a long ways. It won't be easy, but nobody said it would be. I dont't believe GOD brought you this far to leave you now.

Be a great listener and ask a lot of questions that way you won't have to say much. Do what you can live with. The bible didn't say honor your father and mother only in good times. It says Honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise. Ephesians 6:2

I don't know what you suffered, but if they seek forgiveness then lovingly forgive. If they don't seek forgiveness lovingly forgive for yourself anyway. None of the things that happened in the past will ever change, but you the hurt passes and if there is any love still there. It will show.

If they need money and you have it just give it. GOD will provide far more than you could ever give out of a good loving heart.

I do know how you may feel; first hand knowlege.

I learned that even bad parents LOVE their children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit