"C.T. Russell was recently demoted to nothing more than a seeker of truth"

by thedepressedsoul 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I saw this in one of the posts from a member.

Has something changed? Not sure I remeber hearing that C.T. Russell was recently demoted to nothing more than a seeker of truth.

Can anyone explain this?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

According to new understanding (July 15 2013), the Faithful and descreet slave has been so since 1919. Therefore, the first Apostles, the faithfull witnesses throughout history right up to Charles Russel were not part of the F&D Slave. Since Charles Russel wasn't an Apostle either, then, he was "demoted" to being a simple anointed brother who seeked the truth.

• Maat13
    Maat13

ecan6,

Are you sure he is still considered one of the anointed?...perhaps I may have mis-understood that whole generation thing from 2 weeks ago...

Maat

• Maat13
    Maat13

thedepressedsoul,

It's hard to keep up with a bunch of lies....the truth has and will always be simple...

Maat

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

The man had a lot of known skeltons in his closet.

I am surprised he is still refereneced as often as he is.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Yes, you could be anointed before 1919 or 1914. They can't ever take that away. But, they had to find a way to minimize has his bat shit crazy writings. Most JWs today would consider you an apostate if they saw you reading his books. It's like an unspoken rule that the old books were crazy and "new light" makes them irrelevant, so reading "old light" is BAD!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The modern day Watchtower Governing Body operates like organized crime. If the internet is about to connect them with the crime of being a bat-shit crazy doomsday cult.......then kill all the witnesses and claim no connection to them. Demoting crazy Chaz Taz from the religion he started? These guys know no shame. Figures though.....Jesus was demoted by them years before Russell. Watch out J.F. Rutherfraud......you are next!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes.

He was asked to gather up his personal items and leave his office.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit