New Donation arrangement (tithe) Asked my Elder about it he hung up on me

by Watchtower-Free 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

New Donation arrangement (tithe) Asked my Elder about it he hung up on me

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/governing-body-instructs-congregations-to-pledge-fixed-monthly-donations

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

just read the link. I am very tight with my money. I think most people are. If i go to the supermarket i buy bargains. I think most people do. I think when people think about money and parting with it they think...( giving in a congregation box is small change) this is bad business by the watchtower i think.

• carla
    carla

thanks, marking

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Cedar writes on his blog that

"After listening to the above statement, publishers would be forgiven for assuming that more than 13,000 new Kingdom Halls are needed each year to keep pace with publisher growth.

However, when you compare the number of congregations in 2013 (113,823) with the number of congregations the year before (111,719), you note that there has been an increase of only 2,104 congregations worldwide – some of which will be sharing existing kingdom hall infrastructure. The 13,000 figure is therefore either a gross exaggeration, or kingdom halls are being refurbished and rebuilt at an astonishing rate – faster than is actually required."

Nowhere does it say that 13,000 are needed annually - it states that 13,000 are planned and/or under construction right now. Further, Cedar seems to think that each congregation has its own KH. It doesn't, and particularly so in 3rd world countries. So whatever one might think of Cedar's blog - the lines quoted above are totally misplaced.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

The old hippee..well reasoned and logical.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I asked my elder why they are told to hide 3 pages of the 4 page letter from the congregation. Thats when he hung up

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

Well that elder seems to be taking care of his flock by hanging up on them when they have questions.

• Listener
    Listener

If their increase is only 2% then the extra 2,104 congregations a year would be about right. As they normally share the halls, even if only 2 congregations were sharing the one hall then this would mean an extra 1,052 halls would be needed in a year.

It seems obvious that with 13,000 halls being planned or under construction the WTBTS is more interested in being a building business.

• blondie
    blondie

"they are not entitled to know" was the answer to my new elder husband.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I asked my elder why they are told to hide 3 pages of the 4 page letter from the congregation. Thats when he hung up

"True religion in no way practices secretiveness." --W 6/1/97. p.6

That pretty much explains the 'secret' 3 pages, the elder's response, and what WT is all about.

WT: Condemned by their own words....again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit