Anyone going to the memorial this year?

by Pyramid God 36 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Alas, I was never invited. I at this point do not know the date. However, even if I knew the date I am certain that I have other plans.

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

I got visited yesterday by 2 elderly people. one was an elder and another was an older sister. funny thing is they seemed relunctant to actually give me the printed invite. wanted to make sure i got an invite. I told them we knew when it was and he pulled his hand holding the paper back. asked if i knew what time and i said no, so he handed it back. then i was told how its also the co visit (i told him "Yes I figured") and there was a talk that very night as well as one satuday, sunday and then the memorial monday and it would be really nice if we could attend. REALLY? Never have contact with us ever and then come by with 8 hours notice and act like they want me there??? I told them we were very busy with work/school and smiled and told them to enjoy the nice weather. I thought it was odd that they pulled in my driveway. Also that the last few years they always did the big territory blast but didnt do that this time. Actually I am home ALOT and havent seen them in our neighborhood AT ALL. Anyhow, no not going. UNLESS I decide on a tattoo and get it done right before...

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

My mum's dragging me along and i can't wait to be talked down to like an idiot when i see the elder that tried to stop me from leaving again. Last time we spoke he kept saying "we'll talk another time" and kept ignoring me when i said i wasn't coming back.

The thing that really annoys me is that i was planning on going to bed early that day so i could see the lunar eclispe the next morning but i cant now

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

My last one was in 2010. I used to enjoy going partly to give some kind of acknowledgement of what Jesus did but also to see how everyone looks and catch up a bit with former friends. I was generally treated well.

The reason 2010 was my last one was two-fold. Primarily, the overlapping generations change so disgusted me that I couldn't stomach ever entering a Kingdom Hall again. Secondly, I wasn't treated particularly well that last time I went - icy glares and general unfriendliness. I'm done and better for it.

I had planned to never step into a KH again but did so last August due to the death of a former friend who had passed away at only 35 years old. I wanted to pay my respects. Short of attending a funeral for a similar situation, I don't see ever entering one again.

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

have not stepped foot in a KH since 1996

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I've not seen them out anywhere at all! Suprisingly. Pleased actually.

Unless they were here when I wasn't here and husband was, but I doubt that. He was taken by suprise early last week that the Memorial was on a Monday. I am pleased to know his Mom or cousin didn't alert him! wow. That is a suprise..

My husband plans to go wherever we are ( it is spring break for the school and we need to plan the first weekend to go somewhere). I was pleased as punch at first when we started origional plans to fly to my sisters and he was unware it was duing the memorial time. When he figured it out he was bummed, then said he was going to find a hall there ( sigh) . He has not been to meetings in over a year but this might jump start that again. If it does I will be VERY dissapointed.

• DNCall
    DNCall

No. However, we will be partaking of bread and wine. Well, not unleavened bread but very fine, freshly baked bread at our favorite Italian restaurant in town where we will be dining with some close ex-JW friends. The leavened bread symbolizes our fallen condition as ex-JWs. The wine symbolizes our desire to have a nice, relaxing evening. At least we won't be down at the Kingdom Hall denying the body and blood of the Son of God!

• Heaven
    Heaven

I will not be attending. And so far, I have not received an invite.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I do not want to be part of their bragging rites at a later date.

"See how many people attended the Memorial?! Jehovah is blessing us!! Your diligent hours spent preaching are paying off! "

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

No, but have been given invitations twice.

I think they're really trying to get inactive JWs or faders to come to the M. I noticed last year that our numbers were down, and seem to be going down every year. Use to be a packed house. But last year there were a number of empty seats. I noticed a few of the "M" once a year JWs weren't there. You know the ones that only come once a year. I guess they don't want to print a number less than last years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit