Did you bring anyone in the "Truth"

by rrb2016 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rrb2016
    rrb2016

My Mom has been a JW since 1968...never brought anyone into the "Truth." What are your experiences? What was your "closing ratio?'

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Thankfully, I never had anyone who came into the organization...just a couple RV's here and there...nothing major. My dad brought in one person, but she hardly attend...my mom brought in a couple persons, but who have migrated to other states/countries...and I'm sure have left the truth since they didn't study for long.

Kool Jo

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I have become convinced that in order to bring someone into the truth you have to have a variety of mental disorders that make controlling others thoughts behavior and actions desireable.

I think you must be the manipulative sort that thinks everything you believe is right and you are willing to treat someone as stupid for not following your direction.

Thats why I suck as a JW. Im not that big of an asshole...

• clarity
    clarity

Yes... I have apologized to 3 and one to go.

(& one, that I have lost track of)

• clarity
    clarity

OH wow .... liedto :-(

Quite a broad abusive statement there!

Let's see, you say that I and many others have..many mental disorders,

are controlling, manipulative and see people as being stupid!

REALLY?

and you say

"Thats why I suck as a JW. Im not that big of an asshole..."

R E A L L Y ?

WOW ..................

clarity

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

@clarity..just my observation..sorry didn't mean to offend anyone..I just REALLY think that most who have brought others in DO have a certain mental disposition that drives them to want to manipulate others..the few times I actually studied with others I really was nonchalant about it..sort of take it or leave it kind of attitude..trying to bend someone into submission is too stressful for me. If it.really was the truth...it would be enough just to lay it out..I have observed many JWs who sort of "force" or "manipulate" others into baptism too fast...just to score points with onlookers

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

unfortunately, yes

• chicken little
    chicken little

My husband and I studied with 100's of people during 21 years of pioneering, around 34 got baptized, some got disfellowshipped, some fell away and some are still in there. It has been very hard for me to accept that I was part and parcel of it all, the only thing I can say is that we pioneered in very poor areas, with high crime rates and therefore the people we "helped" did actually benefit in some ways. I did not like to control anyone, I just wanted to help people. We usually studied with single mums with lots of kids, drug users, mentally challenged people...you know how it is...people who are attracted to religion because they are vunerable in some way. I genuinely believed at the time we were helping them with a network (brotherhood), but after waking up and addressing my own doubts and problems in being a witness I am sad to think of those who are still in.

Interestingly some we studied with who live in another country heard we are not attending anymore, we received letters begging us to go back from them, it was strange to be on the other end after a lifetime of trying to help others become witnesses. Just another reason actually for the guilt and depression that I still fight today.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I have become convinced that in order to bring someone into the truth you have to have a variety of mental disorders that make controlling others thoughts behavior and actions desireable.

I think you must be the manipulative sort that thinks everything you believe is right and you are willing to treat someone as stupid for not following your direction.

(2)

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

being dedicated with narrow vison is self denial...most of those i find reprehensible and dedicated to " the truth" dont have the love of people to bring anybody in .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit