Kosher Wine For Passover

by Infowarrior 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Infowarrior
    Infowarrior

I am trying to observe my first Lords Evening Meal Passover correctly and went looking for Kosher Wine For Passover. I went to the BC government liqour store, assumming they would have it. They had only one Kosher Red Wine, Manischewitz concord, so I bought it. Later I looked closer at the label and it was only Kosher, and said "Not for Passover" on it. I brought it back to the store, and asked if they had anything else, or at any other stores nearby. She said no, that they had just "delisted" it, and tried to look it up. I returned it, and visted other local stores, and they all only had the exact same wine. I ended up getting fustrated and tired looking for proper Kosher Passover wine and ended up buying the only option availbile. It's fustrating that I had to look everywhere and was only able to find regualr Kosher wine.

Some how it feels a bit wrong to only use Kosher Wine, but I think it will be ok, because it still symbolizes it the same way in my opinion. I guess next time I will have to try harder and spend more time getting the right wine. It was just a bit fustrating for me. What do those who celebrate passover think about it?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I skip the wine and celebrate it with a good single malt scotch .... Glenfiddich.

I've never noticed anything about it being kosher on the 12 year old bottles that I normally buy but the 15 and 18 year old bottles may be kosher.

Rub a Dub

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Manischewitz is bad, very bad wine. In NY, a ton of stores carry very good kosher wine for Passover. My parents always bought M. wine. I hate it! I believe it is only a religious ritual that makes it kosher. My mom wanted to buy kosher meat b/c she thought it would be cleaner. Jewish friends said no way. PA had state wine stores. Very limited availability and not much sales help. Private store - excellent.

• Pete7
    Pete7

Infowarrior they do sell Manischewitz concord red wine, that is kosher for passover the small bottles are the ones that are not.

the bigger bottles are the ones that says kosher for passover.

• prologos
    prologos

read somwhere the 'brothers' in prison were trying to make memorial "wine" with horded ingredients, not sure it would be 'cosher', but it was deemed acceptible, (but only needed if you were an anointed partaker).

In some jurisdictions, wine for communion even some manishewitz was sold tax free.--Separation of church and state at it's finest-- (vintage).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit