Email from a friend's mother

by Jourles 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Wow, I was just forwarded an email from a good friend of mine who recently moved away from where I live. He was telling me that his mother sent this to him after he expressed concern about the pedophile issue. He couldn't believe that she basically attacked him over this and that she defended the issue so strongly. Well, after reading her reply, you can see for yourself how the typical JW mind shifts into defense mode. (edited to remove names and places)

Well, it should make your blood boil. Do you think for a moment that these accusations will stop at this? I know the bros have been told that it needs to be reported to authorities. If you look in the pubs index you will find it has NEVER been sanctioned and how we should feel about it. Individuals may want to do their own thing and for whatever reasons, but nothing gets covered over for long. people lie to cover themselves. The organization I have implicit trust in. You should too. I wouldn't waste my time believing what's vomiting out of the media -the half-truths, slurs, apostate lies (I know this for a fact) and disgruntled former witnesses because they want to do what they want to do, or they were false brothers in the first place(know some of those too) persons with a hidden agenda or hidden backers, persons that think a whole lot of themselves, egomaniacs, those that want attention or a following or a whole lot of money-are these the kind of people you would trust? Not me -had my fill in Christendom.
    Do not believe everything you read in news articles, I have seen so much across the country, biased, half-baked negative, and just plain ignorant. You can believe if you want that the org. is like all other religions, I suppose because you were raised in it and have no idea about Christendom. If it were why would your mother have changed-you have no idea of the drastic change that was made. Degraded religion has at it's core sexual deviancy. I have never felt that anyone has gotten away with anything for long in the org. so different in other religions. You can be a murderer, homosexual, pedophile and still be a member in good standing. Catholic priests are only "defrocked". It is also a fact that regardless in today's politically correct society in general that some lunatic teenager can accuse his or her teacher, parent, brother, sister, or baby-sitter( anyone that gets in his or her crosshairs) of molestation and get rid of them. It is impossible to defend yourself against this. If anything your mother is an expert in this field, i have never told you about it. There is hardly ever a second witness to it. Unless the perpetrator is accused by others or admits it, how can you tell who tells the truth? It is like the Salem witch trials. There are legitimate cases, I know this from experience, but again, it is very difficult to resolve.
    The brothers do the best they can, they take it very seriously. This "brother" is making a following after himself like he is really espousing something new...this has been going on for 2 years now. What does the Bible say? Do you think a first century Christian taking his "case" to the Roman government about alleged abuses in the Christian religion would have been praised by the apostles? How about Jesus when he said (paraphrased) he that is not on my side scatters or is against me.
    There is no smoking gun here, this is an organized effort by an antireligious faction that has functioned in France & Germany for sometime, leveling charges against religions mostly falsely to get them banned and or collecting huge sums of money by lawsuits. It's no surprise that it would hit here. I was telling dad, they started out with the Muslims, now Catholics, we're next, whatever they perceive is the most unpopular religions, to get public sympathy, and this accusation works on everyone. I know the Catholics are notorious, and has always been a haven for homosexuals, pedophiles-so's the boyscouts.
    do you think that those people would last very long as a sincere witness?
    If it follows as in Europe and Russia, things will only get worse, and people in and out of the truth will take their stand on one side or the other. This is a preliminary action for Babylon the great to go down. Propaganda is a nice tool isn't it? And to use members of your own organization, well, that is even better.
    He said she sent him several other emails with the same tone, almost accusing him of apostasy simply because he was, in effect, defending Bill's and the others' stance on the reporting of pedophilia. I really feel sorry for him. How would you even respond to this? From her tone, it appears that she would not even budge if the GB up and told her in person that they were wrong.
  • silentlambs
    silentlambs

"There is no smoking gun here, this is an organized effort by an antireligious faction that has functioned in France & Germany for sometime, leveling charges against religions mostly falsely to get them banned and or collecting huge sums of money by lawsuits."

Yes, it has finally been discovered, I am being directed by the billion dollar corporate organization known as "kaos" it is our only goal in life to destroy truth, justice, the American way, and especially to persecute Jehovah's Witnesses.

Drat this sister for revealing our identity....

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I especially liked the part about "apostate lies (and I know this for a fact)."

All I can really say is that I would like to see things from her perspective, but I just can't get my head that far up my ass.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I can't say I'm surprised....but, still.....wow! How can anyone sit in sh*t up to their eyeballs and swear that there is no stench.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2
    If anything your mother is an expert in this field, i have never told you about it. There is hardly ever a second witness to it. Unless the perpetrator is accused by others or admits it, how can you tell who tells the truth?

Boy does this ever say a mouthfull! That is the core issue. WT says there MUST be a second witness to sexual abuse, or all charges are dropped. She does not even see this double-talk of her's.

NewLight2

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    so different in other religions. You can be a murderer, homosexual, pedophile and still be a member in good standing. Catholic priests are only "defrocked".

Or as she should be saying can't serve as an elder but sure as hell can do everything else in the wonderful world of JW's. She is totally blind and stubborn as hell. It's really sad.

-Rick

• abbagail
    abbagail

Mom sounds like an angry person! I wonder if she has changed her mind any now that Dateline, Panorama, Connie Chung have aired; and the NY Times article, St. Pete article, etc. etc.

Her reaction is sad, really. Everything she said sounds scripted straight from a "needs" talk at a Thursday night meeting.

Grits

• Scully
    Scully

She writes:
    "persons that think a whole lot of themselves, egomaniacs, those that want attention or a following or a whole lot of money"

I take it she didn't watch the BBC's reporter attempting to interview Ted Jaracz....

Love, Scully

• mommy1
    mommy1

This is the kind of parent a pedophile in the congregatation would love. She doesn't believe it could possibly happen and doesn't even want to admit it has ever happened. What if one of her own children or Grandchild told them someone in the cong abused them sexually? She would probably not believe the child. The pedophiles in the congregation are still going to molest, it's not just going to stop. They will just be more careful in picking out their next victim. Boy this makes me sick.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Yes, that must be it, Bill is working for "KAOS" because Don Adams ("Maxwell Smart") is running the Society! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit