Evolution is just a theory

by donny 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

No* sorry spellcheck

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

But there is a great many things that we know for a certainty. The earth isn't flat. All living things descended from a common ancestor by evolution.

I seriously doubt that many people believe that last statement. As for the earth not being flat, have you ever been through Kansas?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If you asked the average American if they believe in evolution, it's true, many would say no. The US is behind other industrialized countries in that way, which is a shame. But if you asked people who are educated in the sciences if they believe in evolution, 99% would say yes. Who do you think is right?

• nugget
    nugget

I do have issues when a debate ends up with generalisations on both sides. I would be grateful if people could cite sources when stating something is what most people are thought to believe. I think it is important to educate people on academic argument and the criteria for this rather than lazy personal opinions bandied about as robust researched theories.

If you are going to make a staement then the evidence behind that statement should be cited too. Otherwise it is just he said she said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit