Did You Ever Feel Guilty Because You Deserted The JW Religion?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Once I left, I never yearned for anything associated with the religion. I didn't miss their doctrines, their erroneous thinking. I never felt guilty because I abandoned the religion I was raised in.

I believe the reason for my not feeling guilty is pretty simple. From a LOGICAL point of view, it never was "The Truth". It always was wrong, so why feel guilty over leaving a lie, right??

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

No guilt left that with the cult

• blondie
    blondie

No

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

No guilt, just disappointment in a load of empty promises.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I never felt guilty. In fact, I rejoice that I left. Working would not be possible with the Witnesses. Neither would Paul McCartney or WHO concerts. The fine arts would be out. I could not even read most of the books I read. No Christianity. The list is very long.

• Giordano
    Giordano

BAND ON THE RUN i SENT YOU A pm for a different thread.

Minimus absolutly no guilt! Just angry that I gave it the shot I did (pioneering, servants positions etc ) instead of getting an education.

My mother converted and I was draged along at the age of 12. So I remembered Christmass and birthdays, loved to read, music etc. The least likeable thing was being a witness.

Left with my wife in the mid 1960's and we never looked back! It's been a great life JW free.

• minimus
    minimus

When I see JWs try to lovebomb, I just laugh to myself. I would NEVER go back to that nonsense.

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

Sorry, but the question is leading... I didn't "desert" anything.

Desert: Abandon (a person, cause, or organization) in a way considered disloyal or treacherous.

That word would be one from the Watch Tower people's bias viewpoint. It's not from mine.

Should a wife feel guilty for "deserting" her abusive husband?

Should a kidnap victim feel guilty for "deserting" their holding room?

Should a prisoner of war feel guilty for "deserting" their captor?

Maybe if these are all suffering Stockholm Syndom.

But for me, no way in hell.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Nope, no guilt, no way no how. I gave up guilt in order to heal my wounded self.

However I still am regularly surprised that I actually volunteered for the nonsense.

(((hugs))) to you all

• Londo111
    Londo111

Nope! I miss some friends, but if I have any regrets, it's not waking up years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit