Microsoft drops Windows XP Support Today

by Iamallcool 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have Windows XP. You have one too? What did you replace it with?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Both my work and home laptops run Windows 7.

When Windows XP came out I asked my bro what the 'XP' stood for. He said "Xtra Pricey." (he has such a great sense of humour)

• sporece
    sporece

If anything goes wrong i will switch to Ubuntu OS

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I am looking for free replacements.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I've never in my life paid for software. This may sound bad, however in my country 75% of the users wouldn't be using computers if they needed to pay for softwares. I've been using Windows 7 since it came out, it's much better then any windows os imho.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I tried the Crossover Mac and Windows 8.1. The computer will not let me download them. I am looking for free replacements or free trial. Thanks!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Just because Microsoft has stopped supporting XP does not mean it will stop working. Your computer will continue to run as before. Microsoft will just not answer support questions or provide any more updates. Go to a used book store and buy a book about XP operations. Much better service that way than ever trying to call Microsoft or try to use their website for fixing a problem. I have it on my laptop and it will continue to work fine for the next couple of years.

JV

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Why replace it? It works great. I have sp3 and don't need those other updates.

• TD
    TD
    I have Windows XP. You have one too? What did you replace it with?

I still have it on about six machines. I have no intention to replace it with anything, especially Windows 8.1

The only thing I've done besides ensure that they are as up to date as is possible is to uninstall MS Security Essentials and install Sophos Endpoint.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

I'am still using Windows XP on an "old" IBM T30 Notebook for car diagnostic. Good for the next years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit