The watchtowers biggest mistake

by Truthexplorer 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• kaik
    kaik

There were numerous deflections from JW organization in the past. I do not think the Bible Students could end the fiasco after 1914 because it was already internationally established movement that would guarantee comfortable living and sense of importance to the people on the top of the apex. To sat in 1914-1918-1925 that they do not have a truth or understanding in Bible would mean to pack the bags and end the nonsense publishing business. WT saw opportunity to create a movement by efficiently organize the End-Of-Days believers into religious cult that was something different than other mainstream religion. As the organization became larger, it transformed into traditional corporation structure similar to other established churches that would outlive the founders. WT cult will stay here and is not going anywhere. It has millions of loyal followers and thousands fools are ready to join at any time.

Any case, back to the topic, there are two biggest mistakes with WT. The first one is the belief that they have a special relationship with God and nobody else does. Second mistakes is that they believe with absolute certainity that they live in the Last Days and only this organization guarantees survival in Armageddon. Entire efford of WT publishing house is preaching, proselyting others, and distribute literature as the only necessary issue for Christians. Anything else for them is irrelevant. They do not invest nor care about the elderly, disabled, the weak. Like Northern Korea dictatorship, entire purpose and effort is dedicated to pending disaster and survival.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

gingerbread has a point. Their motives were never that simple.

just to publish magazines and allow freedom of thought. Read some

of the early literature from Russell ( if you can stomach it ) to the Babylon

Book and the focus was always on creating a one and only, sole channel,

of communication that put itself right in front of Jesus Christ and created

second class citizens who could not partake at the memorial and who were

to obey without question or be shunned. Its not a benign, harmless, gentle,

brotherhood its a very serious hiearchy of absolute control. Look at the people

on this forum who have been literally cast out of their flesh and blood families

for disagreeing with the teachings of the "Governing Body" its an organization

that lies, deceives, causing suffering, and protects only itself.

• Bella15
    Bella15

@truthexplorer ...I agree with your comment. there are a lot of Christian "ministries" that publish stuff to edify, encourage, spread the gospel, etc, but they don't claim to be God's channel of communication ...

• Bella15
    Bella15

@truthexplorer ...I agree with your comment. there are a lot of Christian "ministries" that publish stuff to edify, encourage, spread the gospel, etc, but they don't claim to be God's channel of communication ...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The biggest mistake is claiming a monopoly on the truth. It is one thing to be wrong. It is one thing to admit you do not have all the knowledge. But at least let members do independent research and question things. That way, if you are wrong, you allow others to avoid problems. You also have a better chance of fixing mistakes if you listen to criticism and cross-research things.

And that goes for science, too. You get those "Einstein is always right, and anyone that questions Einstein is scum" idiots. You get this crap in every field of science--because of joke-hova and its filthy angels holding us back. Could it be that Einstein had a mission from those angels to stop scientific advance, just as science was headed right straight into proving Christi-SCAM-ity a lie? Or, that his formulas were complicated just so no one could cross-reference them? This goes on in medical and energy science, and is intended to make people afraid of advancing. More gifts from joke-hova and its draconians, to enslave and exterminate us.

Whether religion or science, it is best to not proclaim to have the absolute truth. I don't. I have learned much about space science in school, and now I have to realize that most of it was wrong. The origins of the asteroid belt, for instance--I now believe that joke-hova had a planet in that area blown up, creating a mess that endangers inner planets. And the bunk that nothing can go faster than light--most of the embarrassing questions can be avoided by simply being open to that we are probably wrong and do not know the answers. As for not traveling faster than light, relative to what? A star emits photons that travel the speed of light relative to that star--what about relative to another star that is moving away from it or toward it? Or, relative to photons from the other side of the star? By postulating that faster than light travel is possible and real, I avoid most of these issues.

Now, if the washtowel would postulate that their damnation book is itself wrong and most of what they write is bunk, they could avoid most of the embarrassment when something turns out false. The generation teaching embarrassment could have been prevented if they would have said that it refers to those alive when those words were supposedly spoken, and that 70 CE was the fulfillment. (And that even that was a fictitious event.) No Jesus, no fulfillment needed, no having to change your lies, no having to keep the congregation from cross-referencing anything.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

If you could go to the meetings & question what the literature says.....different opinions...They just might come up with THE REAL TRUTH...If it is the Truth, then why can't one challenge it. Why do we have to sit there & drink it & suppress what we really see in the bible, that does not line up with their literature, think of how much of the truth they really would have. There are some thinkers in the org. not at HDQ, but in the halls....Just imagine if they were able to share what they learned.

They say it all the time....God is not partial. So would he be partial to choose a few folks & use them as his mouth piece as Prideful as man is. Give man a little knowledge & he is hard to deal with or will he listen. Like the name Jehovah...is that a Hebrew name...would God name himself after the Israelites, especially since he was going to send his son for our sins....He was also appealing to the gentiles...would he want the gentiles to say, Hey, God is a Jew, I know as a Gentile, I don't stand a chance. No that's man...I think when the WT started it was a good idea, but Man can't keep it up...The WT is not doing anything but adding more burdens on the congregation....if this is the end of times, we are to lighten our loads, not add more...

All religions make mistakes...although, the WT admits to them by explaining their mistake with another one....it's called CYA (Covering your assets)..

Legacy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Truthexplorer - "The moment the leadership of the WT... first made the claim to be Gods sole channel of communication for dispensing biblical truth here on earth."

From their POV, it wasn't a mistake at all.

If they'd admitted/acknowledged that the WTS was not "Gods sole channel of communication", they would have eliminated a huge reason for members to stay.

After all, being an active JW is not - and never really has been - an overly pleasant experience; therefore, if the WTS isn't God's sole mouthpiece and the JW faith isn't the sole acceptable form of religious expression, what benefit would there really be in staying?

If the majority of rank-and-filers consciously realized that and accepted it, there'd be a mass exodus.

By that logic, the WTS absolutely has to make that claim and continually reinforce it, simply to survive.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Thought I would dig up this old OP as relates to recent events at ARC hearing. When asked by the Australian Royal Commission if the GB saw themselves as disciples of Jesus? Geoffrey Jackson's answer was that they 'hope to be' disciples. Also when asked if the GB members saw themselves as Gods spokes people on earth? astoundingly he said 'it would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the only spokes person that God is using'. So once again there is contradiction in what the rank and file are being taught/fed by the GB and what they actually really think when under oath in a court of law. Why didn't Geoffrey Jackson state with absolute conviction that they ARE Jesus disciples and that the GB ARE Gods spokes people on earth. Once again, Watchtowers mistake is continues to be open to further scrutiny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit