How would you respond to this Catholic?

by mpatrick 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Hey everyone! I have been posting on a "Crisis in the Catholic Church" Discussion Board about JWs/pedophiles/Dateline show. It doesn't get much action, but I would like what I post to come across with the most impact. How would you respond to this?

mpatrick,
    Your writings here are interesting...it seems almost as if you are excited and joyful that this will take place. Am I wrong or is there some vendetta you have with JW"s? The issues happening within the Catholic Church are not only bringing out those opposed to child abuse, but also those who for one reason or another have issues with the Catholic Church or Catholic Faith. This would also happen to JW's, who if I am not mistaken, already have kind of a bad rap within the Christian Circle.
    How will all of this do good for those who have been abused?
    How will all this help build up the Kingdom of God? I think that it is real important that we take a look at ourselves and check out each of our own motives. If our focus is not concern for those abused or those who have fallen into this sin or building the Kingdom, we must go into prayer, so that God can keep us focused.

I want to be careful how I respond because loyal Catholics can be as much on the offense as a loyal JW. Notice, this person remarked about how Catholics are using this opportunity to bring up other issues.

"...JW's, who if I am not mistaken, already have kind of a bad rap within the Christian Circle." Did anyone else find that remark interesting?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Many times when a JW has doubts he feels as though he is the only person in the world who feels the way he does. One benefit of the publicity is that some who have had doubts will realize that it "isn't them." People who had been abused in the past can realize that it "wasn't them". Some healing can begin.

Yes, I'll be dancing an Irish Jig when the Watchtower is exposed. That doesn't make me a bad person.

- Nathan Natas
    UADNA (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• You Know
    You Know
    it seems almost as if you are excited and joyful that this will take place. Am I wrong or is there some vendetta you have with JW"s?

It's good that people can see the apostate's agenda for what it is. Please be advised that Jehovah can and will turn our reproach back and heap it upon our enemies.

Let those be ashamed and abashed altogether
    Who are joyful at my calamity
    Let those be clothed with shame and humiliation
    who are assuming great airs against me.
    --- Psalms 35:26

/ You Know

• Solace
    Solace

It doesnt matter which religious organizaton the abuse is taking place in. If there is abuse of any kind, it needs to be made public so it can be put to an end. The reason the abuse has persisted for so long in the Catholic church is because the leaders did not take correct action. The same could be said for any other organization dealing with similar issues.

"How will this help build up the kingdom of God?"

Maybe people may realize that a personal relationship with God does not have to be accessed through any organization. I believe Jesus is the only mediator.

"How will all of this help those who have been abused?"

Unfortionatly nothing can undue the suffering these victims of abuse have endured. Although some victims may feel validated by knowing that their abusers are convicted, Im sure they would also feel relief knowing that many potential victims would be spared.

• mpatrick
    mpatrick
    Yes, I'll be dancing an Irish Jig when the Watchtower is exposed. That doesn't make me a bad person.

I will definitely use that line!!!

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Heaven, Well said! I hope you don't mind if I use that!

• Imbue
    Imbue

MPatrick...well, I can only say how I feel... I don't feel "joyful" over these events but I'm definitely "pleased" to finally see the TRUTH documented from a secular source. It's only when SIN is exposed that healing can begin. We know that this is only the beginning of a long process...hopefully someday the WT can acknowledge their sins and repent. This would please me more. I doubt it will happen but I can pray for them.

Mean while shaming the WT into changing their policies on handling abuse cases would suffice in pleasing me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• tdogg
    tdogg

Thanks You Know (Jehovahs personal advocate.) We are now advised. BTW it was supposed to be David speaking in first person in the scripture you quoted, not God. But hey, you can take any scripture you want out of context because the WTS does the same.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

We cant take away the hurt from the 'abused'...but we can do everthing in our power to stop the abuse from happening to others now and in the future. I think the 'abused' might have a better time dealing with what happened to them if they know that some sort of reform is taking place in the WTBTS.

Lizard

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Thanks everyone! I tried to incorporate a little of each reply into my post, with a little of my own personality.

It is great to hear other opinions and get a different spin on just how to get a point across!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit