What absolutely infuriates me is the Governing Body's inability to

ever, ever, blame themselves or admit they were dead wrong and

made a false prophesy. They always, always, blame the rank and file,

for "misunderstanding" or "running ahead" or some such guilt tactic,

like they did with 1975. They are False Prophets and those who stay

are deaf, dumb and blind.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Yeah LG3, I agree with you (and the rest of the commentors on this post). When I first saw the "we love this teaching" quote on this board, I was skeptical as to whether it was legit. Then I went to jw.org a couple of weeks after the annual meeting that year, and lo and behold there was a video of Stephen Lett saying those very words as he rolled this mickey mouse teaching out for the crowd. Hell yeah they love it! It buys them 20 or 30 more years!

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

"We UNDERSTAND that in mentioning 'this generation,' Jesus was referring to two groups of anointed Christians."

I asked our local elder who is included in the "WE" since obviously I do not consider myself part of the WE who understood it. First of all, never in the stretch of my imagination had I thought that Jesus Christ was referring to 2 annointed Christians. When we were studying the bible back in the mid 80's, there was no mention whatsoever about it. WT study articles would always drive the point that the end is near with the remnants of the annointed dwindling in no. (based on decreasing no. of Memorial partakers).

If WE truly understood the interpretation, why even some of our elders and Ministerial Servants had to digest and re-digest? Even some of the intellectual ones in our congregation were discussing and figuring out after the WT study session. The WT could have cited examples to clarify the 2 annointed groups - instead of leaving the idea open to confusion, further explanation and re-interpretation by the brothers.

Questions:

Instead of We UNDERSTAND, why the WT did not use the past tense UNDERSTOOD since they had already cited similar interpretation in April 15, 2010 edition of the WT?

Why only after almost a 100 years since 1914 did the FDS understood about the 2 annointed groups' significance on "this generation"? As early as 1990s when new GB member Mark Sanderson was already considered as annointed, the GB could have realized the overlapping thing since substantial facts were already available for their consideration at that time. But it took them another 20 years to finally UNDERSTOOD it. Was the holy spirit not present during the stretch of 20 years to shed light on the FDS? Or was the holy spirit really needed for the GB to indentify the 2 groups and clarify it just this year?

Somehow, one would think that with the changes in the members of the GB, teachings like this are just bound to change.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Truly these are WTS weasel words.

Definition:

Weasel words are words and phrases aimed at creating an impression that something specific and meaningful has been said, when in fact only a vague or ambiguous claim has been communicated. A common form of weasel wording is through vague attribution, where a statement is dressed with authority with no substantial basis.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

So it is not .. "The Bible says" ... not "Jesus taught us that".... no, it is "WE understand !"

Followers of men, are they not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit