What is the point of Judicial Committees??

by quellycatface 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I've had 2 JC's, both resulted in reproof.

BUT.....In church, the Vicar asks us do reflect quitely on anything that we have done that we're not happy about and to ask for forgiveness in our heart. Knowing that Jesus will forgive us, if we are sorry and have faith in him. Good. I had to that today. I was'nt very nice to my husband this week and a few other things were bothering me. I have made my peace with God.

WHY then do we have to have JC's??? How do 3 imperfect men know what is in your heart?? They elevate themselves to the level of God and Jesus and that, in my mind is "brazen conduct", bordering on blasphemy. So there!!!!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I mean God will forgive us. DOH!!!!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It's to keep you psychologically dependant on the organization. If you are convinced that you commit a grave sin that God will not forgive unless you confess it to elders and for them to decide if you are just reproved or need to be dfed and work real hard to come back, then you see that religion as the only chance to get saved, etc.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It's also to prevent those who learn TTATT from telling others. Rutherford was very angry when his stupid deluded predictions didn't come true and people had the audacity to question his divine appointment and authority because each time he lost tons of followers. So he came up w/ that arrangement to keep it quiet and behind closed doors.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If you have to ask, then maybe that is why you have been before them twice. J W's are a much more controlling religion than the church. They do not want people among them who a) do not obey the rules of conduct or b) do not accept the authority of the Governing Body and the Congregation.

When I was sitting on them we were told that "our aim is to gain" our bro.. I guess you convinced them of your repentance , twice...that is an acievement.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

BluesBrother, I didn't join the Amateur Dramatics Society in University for nothing.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

JC are not bibical!

Now you know to take it to God.

I find it strange how many suffer through these JC meetings full of fear and hope for some kind of help. Practicing sin or a one timer does not matter. The person who reports the wrong act might be trying to help. Yet there is no help to be found.

Did you confess your sins?

Where does it say in the Bible that confessing sins some one should suffer reproof or dfd? You wont find it!

If your husband was practicing sin and you confessed your husband's sins to the elders. The elders should hear your confession and oil your head then pray to God for the forgivness of sins. Because YOU came forward his life could be spared. Does it say they stopped practicing sin? No! Our Father is so forgiving he will help you with your loved ones! What more do you think he will do for personal direct confession. It is in the bible and I could find it for you, if you want.

Once you figure this out you realize the WT really has it wrong!

What they practice is keeping the congregation clean so they need to reprove or dfd people! Keeping the congregation clean has nothing to do with helping the sinner, and everything to do with judging. Judging if one is righteous enough to belong in a fake organization.

Although I prayed to God, for some odd reason I thought I was suppose to go to elders to keep the congregation clean.

Like you I learned to take it to God and not men!

Why would men want to hear women's sin! No need to answer I think it is for their own satisfaction.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, this is clearly an Old Testament trial at the city gates, except unlike in Israel, the trial is being conducted in private, so that the judges themselves are accountable only to themselves and the corporation they act as franchise managers for.

It's an expression of control and power. Getting you to confess is a demonstration of power, and your presence there is your submission to their authority, a recognition of it.

It's also a powerful way to inflict fear, guilt and shame upon you. Three men in trusted positions who hold a sort of life-and-death power over you--that's frightening if you truly believe it exists. It creates dependency upon the organization itself, as you feel afraid to displease it and thus lose your 'friends' or 'family'.

It's a way to isolate and extract any who may begin to think for themselves. It's a way to protect the 'secrets' of the organization and silence those who might speak about those secrets from within. Thus, it insulates the collective from any critical thoughts.

--sd-7

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's all about control.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I agree it's all about control

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit