If you follow the Bible are you following Hoodoo

by designs 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I read an anthropology monograph about voodoo in Haiti for Margaret Mead's class. These ceremonies have special functions in society that might be necessary without religion attached to it. The author of the book I read was hired by pharmaceutical companies to research the zombie neurotoxin. He found that no one was afraid of zombies. Their fear was becoming one. He researched and claimed there was a connection between Papa and Baby Doc. There was no reliable law enforcement on the island. Zombies were typically people who stepped beyond the bounds of the culture, such as child rapists.

St. Patrick's Cathedral in Manhattan has had a voodoo problem for decades. Priests and priestesses are casting spells. The spells only work if you believe it. I found Santierra candles on an altar at the cathedral. The priest said to let it be. I wanted certain candles pulled out. The Fire Dept. came, though, and the candles' glass was too explosive to have indoors.

I am shocked that I read an entire book about voodoo. Hey, I touched the voodoo candle. Not bad for demon plagued me.

I used to say the Jesus Prayer from the Russian Orthodox Church in meditation. Believe me, I was casting no spells. I pray to not see a light on the road to Damascus.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Oh, my mom had constant serious problems with a Haitian co-worker. She was so angry that she consulted a store front priestess to place a spell. It wasn't cheap but it would take care of the problem. My mom hesitated b/c she was afraid the co-worker might die from sheer fright..

• designs
    designs

it seems throughout the world wherever christianity spread it adopted the local beliefs into its rites and rituals.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yes. It always happens. Witnesses are doing pagan things. They just aren't aware.

• designs
    designs

Somehow our wedding rings weren't suppose to be as pagan as other peoples crosses :D

• LilieKat
    LilieKat

The Old Testament of the Bible and the New Testament of the Bible is the WORD OF GOD. People accept it based on faith. If you do not want to believe it then you will miss out sooooooooooooooooooooooo much in the World and in the after life. The Cross in churches represents Christ's Crucifixion and helps Christians to honor Christ's Resurrection.

• designs
    designs

LilieKat- Do you wear a Cross or other Christian symbol.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I do, altho my chain needs to be repaired. It was a way to signal to available men. The overseer made a rousing speech about how evil crosses were. They were phallic symbols. I found it funny. When I converted, I ran out and purchased a large cross. It was a reproduction from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Sadly, I could not afford gold. The goldplate eroded over time. I enjoy wearing my phallic symbol.

• designs
    designs

Band- The Devil in High Heels :D

• Terry
    Terry

My good Australian friend, Doug Mason has provided some brilliant studies in the past and this one is no exception:

http://www.jwstudies.com/Why_Does_WTS_Accept_Christendoms_Scriptures.pdf

If you check this study out it is the equivalent of 4 years in a Theology Seminary.

It is simply, well-illustrated and comprehensive!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit