Ladies of a "certain age", advice please.

by quellycatface 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was doing Paleo and the sweating got better, went back to "normal" food, it came back. It's similar to what VillageGirl describes above, lots of fruits and vegetables, sweet potatoes, no sugar, grains or legumes. Mostly fresh, whole foods as unprocessed as possible. It really wasn't that hard to do but I thought thought I would take a break, but it's not worth it, the sweets don't even taste good to me anymore, and the sweating is ridiculous. I have to take a shower just because I mopped the floor.

Old age is not for sissies.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

sex might help?

well it couldn't hurt? could it?

• clarity
    clarity

Syl .... it sounded like... you swallow the lemon whole ...

and then wash it down with water! hahah it just hit my

funny bone that's all!

I never had those problems, & was so glad cause my

job was really difficult & worked with mostly men at the time!

The only thing that I gave credit to, was vitamin E & calcium.

clarity

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

My wife went through this for a couple of years. Suddenly in the middle of the night she'd throw the covers off and start fanning herself. During the day she'd suddenly have to take off whatever she could and fan herself. She also had certian skin issues as well. Fortunatly it has tapered off and only occurs on rare occasions. I can't make any endorsement but she swore by this stuff...said it really helped http://www.amazon.com/Herbs-Etc-Menopautonic-120-Softgel/dp/B000Q3BZXM

• Scully
    Scully

I sleep with a fan going at my bedside.

I also take a medication that has worked wonders for me, and because my estrogen levels are in my boots, I'm on hormone replacement. I'm trying to eat more healthfully (lowering simple carb consumption like breads and sweets), trying to lose some weight, get some regular exercise and sleep at night. I've cut way back on my caffeine consumption - it's a stimulant and seems to trigger the hot flashes.

I got rid of some of the job related stress in my life and it's made a world of difference.

Even now that the flashes are well controlled, I'll get them if I start feeling stressed, so I'm trying to learn how to cope better with the triggers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit