James 3:9 - Why can't we all just get along?

by objectivetruth 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Once you start viewing "Worldly" people as people, just like yourself and everyone else, you can't help but to be filled with love and appreciation.

I read this scripture today and liked it :

James 3:7-9 - For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God.

I'm not quite certain what it means that we are made in the image of God, but we can definitely see his qualities in each other if we look hard enough, and drop our prejudices.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Verse 9 says it all.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

I agree. It is amazing the double standard we lived by. Jws always viewed "worldly' people with suspicion and felt like scriptures only applied to those " in the truth" since "worldly " people were condemed. The only reason to interact was to try to "witness" and to try to convert them.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, and they can't understand that some people are actually just good people.... And do not have bad motives....

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Its really amazing how simple and straightforward most religions are

compared to the Watchtower, and humble. When I was out many years

I began to realize that there were loving people everywhere. The basic

premise of the JW teachings is about separating and classifying and isolating

people into groups with lines drawn , special "classes" restricting where and to

whom the holy spirit is annointing, preventing people from taking bread and wine

to remember Jesus, telling them they are not in the right status or group as if

such a thing even existed. The jw's destroy our connection to community, to each

other and to Jesus Christ and to Jehovah they are truly the ones Jesus referred to

when he said " Many will say Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? "

And he says to them "Get away from me you workers of lawlessness,

I never knew you at all." The followers of the eight magic men just miss the

whole point, of Jesus, of Grace, of what Christianity is all about.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Verse 10 should also be read it wrappes it up in a bow.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Believe it or not, the 1979 WTS book ‘Commentary on the letter of James’ says the same things about these verses as y’all are saying… that’s probably why it’s out of print, LOL.

• humbled
    humbled

Transhuman,

Not only out of print, but didn't a guy named Duncan who wrote it get disfellowshipped in the 1980s?

• snowbird
  • objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Edward Dunlap - a TRUE Christian indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit