Watchtower Society now PROMOTES using Social Media / Networks?

by FusionTheism 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hopefully, the more JWs "come out" on social media the more regular non-JW people will notice how friggin crazy they are.

So social media your asses off JWs, because the rest of the world needs to see how mental you are.

• bradford
    bradford
    Omg this is Jehovahs blessing!
  • MarkSutter
    MarkSutter

If you can't beat them, join them. Still surprising.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

I'll never forget when Ernest Funk, a member of the Canadian branch committee who looks like he's 100 years old, basically yelled into his mike at a district convention that Facebook is evil and how "we are warning you about it". He literally yelled out loud a warning about using Facebook to 2000+ attendees. This was in 2009 I think.

Elders, special pioneers, and bethelites now use it anyway. I've found an old CO on it as well.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    New light shines every day...
  • 4thgen
    4thgen
    This is one of the things that caused me to begin doubting that the GB was being influenced by God. How can something be so very evil one year and then a few years after have God's blessing?
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I remember the summer assembly where they demonized social media. All kids went home and disabled their Facebook accounts. And Richard_I I can hear the old Ernie Funk still in my head. LOL
  • Syme
    Syme

Who doesn't remember that demonstration in a circuit assembly back in 2010-11, when a teenage girl would be counseled by her father for engaging with a social network that was given the stage name "Mold". Oh my god, how hilarious...

And some may remember the letter to BOEs that actually prohibited MSs and elders having facebook; and the "local needs" talk that followed in effect.

"Jehovah's chariot" moves fast indeed. Must have a satellite connection!

• Heaven
    Heaven

So is this 'nu-lite' considered a flip or a flop?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    No no you all misinderstood! The organization was NEVER against social media. Evidently (tm) some well meaning individuals carried it a bit too far and misinderstood the fine spritual direction from the desert gods organization! We believe as we always have that social media, in moderation, is fine and may provide oportunities to witness to the desert gods name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit