"The Trinity" - My Thoughts

by Olympiad 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bang
    Bang

In a Christian marriage there are three - a man, a woman and God.
    Three in the garden - let no man put asunder what God has joined - with himself - no longer two but one - and three persons.

The JW philosophy can be seen not only in their words but in the way they consider God - as an 'other' sort of person who blesses from a distance - for them there is only two, maybe one.

Whatever.

Bang

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I have to be honest - I would struggle with just calling the Father "Creator".
    Father, Son and Holy Spirit were involved in creation.

Further, what does the name YHWH really mean?
    If it is defined as the JW's would have us believe (He causes to become) then surely that could be construed as the Creator, leaving room for the many beliefs of Father and Son being attributed with the name YHWH in the OT.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I just want to add that I can't read most of the posts in this thread.

Ever hear of the carriage return / parragraph ?

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Now Wonder Isaiah said "Holy,Holy,Holy is the Lord of Hosts" 3 persons=1 God. Hey, i cant explain Electricity, only in theory, but i remember how real it is every time i get the crap shocked out of me. Just like the trinity, i know there is scriptural proof of the concept, but i dont have to completely understand it. Who needs a God they can completely figure out and understand? We never will in this life anyway.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

The WT wants people to think the concept of the trinity is confusing- too confusing to be possible. They say we christians call it a mystery so we don't even know what we believe----But since when has the WT turned out to be right ? The trinity is just a name for the concept that the Bible outlines about God. It was given a name to have something to call it. This is not an immoral practice as you will find the famous JW word 'theocracy' is not in the Bible either. The concept existed long before the nicean creed and the catholic church, contrary to WT indoctrination.

The trinity's 'HOW' question is the mystery-- how can One God be three persons but yet still be one being? But just because you can't understand 'HOW' doesn't mean it isn't true. We also don't know 'HOW' God created everything from nothing but he did and science supports it. The fact is whether the Bible says it or not, and it does- there is absolutely no way around it.
    I researched it as a JW and I had to leave JWs because they were wrong.
    It's way more than finding a few stray verses that incinuate it----The entire Bible says it. If anyone truly wants to know the scriptures then please email me. And Larsguy- if you honestly care about Jehovah and knowing him and have honest questions - I'll answer. I've heard all the objections and can honestly say they aren't valid or contradictory to the trinity concept
    Have a good night all <><Angie

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Lars~>But the Bible basically, I think, tells us the relationship between God and Jesus and that is like Father and Son. Since when is a son equal to a father <<<

In rank or nature of? Since when does a son become a canine because his father was human and above him in position?

~ Bugs

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

>>>Those who Believe in the "Trinity " is a liar, an-ti-christ, and they do not know'the father Jehovah GOd, and they are in danger of armageddon and judgement... End of subject<<<

lol yeah right. Been eating those Paint chips again?

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

The pharisees didnt think Jesus was God either, and they freaked out when Jesus forgave the cripple of his sins, and they said "Who can forgive sins but God"? Nothing like handwriting on the wall!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit