Appeal/Update from Shunned Father in Canada

by Dogpatch 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power
    The WTS Lawyer told my daughter that if she died for her faith, that she would be featured in the "Awake" magazine.

Now what was that comment made about Bill Bowen having an agenda, looking for self-glory. There is no way these people have a conscience. And I certainly believe them when the say that THEY DO NOT HAVE A SOUL EITHER! It has been sold.

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello :o)

I don't know if anyone has the information, or can point me to the information which would clarify the following reported statements of the Calgary leukaemia victim ..?

*Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre in Los Angeles where a doctor has offered her a treatment option that won't compromise her beliefs as a Jehovah's Witness*

*she wants the treatments stopped in favour of a different treatment offered in the U.S. which doesn't go against her religious beliefs*

*The girl is applying to the court to go to California for treatment that includes chemotherapy but not full blood transfusions*

This quote implies that the treatments that she would receive in Los Angeles include *blood treatment*, but not full transfusions.

1 Is that the case?

2 If so, what form, exactly, does the treatment in LA provide in respect of blood - certain fractions that have been *approved*?

Also, this I found interesting: *It will be up to the court to decide whether she goes to L.A., and it isn't known how treatments there would be paid for.*

So again, finances crop up.

3 Would the WTBTS pay for the treatment for this little girl?

4 If so, would this not set a precedent for others to apply for the same support when faced with similar circumstances?

As the WTBTS has taught that blood transfusion is tantamount to rape, the question of who is footing the bill for the legal counsel for the little girl is of great importance.

5 If the WTBTS is footing the bill for fighting something in the secular courts which they feel so strongly about, rape must be viewed on an equal footing, surely?

6 Is there equivalent financial support for victims of *rape* pursuing their cases through secular courts, thinking here about the paedophilia issue?

Just wondering..............

• Scully
    Scully

ChristianObserver:

*Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre in Los Angeles where a doctor has offered her a treatment option that won't compromise her beliefs as a Jehovah's Witness*

*she wants the treatments stopped in favour of a different treatment offered in the U.S. which doesn't go against her religious beliefs*

*The girl is applying to the court to go to California for treatment that includes chemotherapy but not full blood transfusions*

This quote implies that the treatments that she would receive in Los Angeles include *blood treatment*, but not full transfusions.

1 Is that the case?

2 If so, what form, exactly, does the treatment in LA provide in respect of blood - certain fractions that have been *approved*?

The treatment in LA involved stem cell transplantation. The Alberta court denied this petition because the same treatment is available locally, however the oncology team determined that it would be ineffective.

It's interesting that the WTS lawyer stated that blood transfusions were merely "experimental" treatments, despite the fact that they have been used for decades in treating leukemia, while at the same time is eager for the girl to undergo stem cell transplantation, which, while not "experimental", it certainly is not as readily available as standard forms of treatment - and still offers no guarantee of a cure.

Love, Scully

• Will Power
    Will Power
    as the WTBTS has taught that blood transfusion is tantamount to rape, the question of who is footing the bill for the legal counsel for the little girl is of great importance.

This doesn't look like legal council for the girl, it looks like they are using her to protect themselves, insurance/precedents for the future, and to drain and destroy the father who dares to stand up to the society. Little do they know it has nothing to do with the almighty society and everything to do with the love for his little girl.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I feel like a shit reading this old story - felt like yesterday when I was rooting against Lawrence.

I remember thinking that it was a no-win for Bethany.

If she died, everybody would say, "See, she should have taken blood." If she lived, everybody would say, "She lived because of forced transfusion," and she would hate her life.

• Simon
    Simon

That was a sad situation.

We met Lawrence when we came over one year. He was a nice guy in a heartbreaking situation. Hope he's doing OK.

It highlights the danger and risk bringing your child up in a belief system like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit