Easy to believe the FDS gets direction from God if you do this. Did you?

by Wasanelder Once 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just flipped open my copy of Shakespeare at random, and this appeared: "Is this a dagger I see before me ?"

Ohhhh Sheeeeeet!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ok how many of you while a JW took the advice to pray on a problem and then open the Bible and start reading. Did you seem to get "just the right scripture" that answered your prayer? They encouraged that where I was.

Yes this is called reading the bible with extreme bias. The Governing Body has built up a very restrictive group think scenerio, and they just open the bible and interpet scripture with extreme 'make it fit bias' . They take scripture out of any type of reasonable context for the sole purpose to make it serve Corporation interest (make it fit) for keeping the rank and file subdued, listening, and obeying their selfserving directives and sales pitches. This formula has left them with the delusional fantasy of running God's Organization and destined for glory in the future.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I prayed to god once asking if the Watchtower Corporation was truly his chosen earthly organization

above all others.

His answer was definitely not , he said it was a commercialized fraud that uses his name with

exploitive intent and that those men do not reveal real bible truths at all.

So I left.

Thanks god.

• Island Man
    Island Man

The bible is such a big book and the contents so varied, that a person can easily read solutions to his current problems into just about any verse. Have you ever listened to some of the comments made during bible highlights? Some of the applications made are definite non-sequitors being read into the scripture. There is nothing more disgusting than a brother missapplying scripture to try to squeeze a predetermined bit of counsel out of a verse that has absolutely nothing to do with the counsel he's giving.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Hmm the JW version of tarot cards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit