Atheism and Doubt are Spiritual Phenomena

by kassad84 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Buddhism is atheist and doubt-oriented, but have no spirits in it so it can't be spiritual. Same thing to atheism.

Buddhism don't speak about love, but compassion.

And do not speak about spiritual but contemplation.

The human mind exists to contemplate the world. Let the universe teach you first, after that you can play with it.

Be convict that some supernatural being created the universe is a silly belief. The universe shown no sign to be created by a super mind.

• kassad84
    kassad84

there is nothing worthwhile in suffering. and to add to that, that suffering has no meaning whatsoever is very very depressing. tolstoy attempted to kill himself because of this. if there is no purpose in life, then why live? why not cut to the chase? why toil under the sun and suffer enormous buckets of shit if all will come to nothing in the end. why not end it now? at least that's me. to give atheists credit, you guys are very courageous to accept all the blackness and meaninglessness that a universe with no Father, no God, entails.

• cofty
    cofty

Life has joy and love and the thrill of gaining new knowledge. Amid the pain it has companionship and music and art and sport and sex and food and drink and fun.

Why do you have to demand that it is eternal before you will refuse to see any good in life?

• kassad84
    kassad84

the point is not that you will get hungry again, the point is that you are an accident, and will one day cease to exist completely, and what ever decisions you took - preparing or not preparing a meal - was just a waste of time

• cofty
    cofty

They are not a waste of time today.

Did your god not tell you to stop worrying about tomorrow?

Enjoy each day, live in the moment, stop gazing at your navel.

• kassad84
    kassad84

for what?

• DJS
    DJS

kassad,

Ditto to what Cofty said (I say that a lot don't I?). I'm sorry you find life so bleak. I don't. I have a freaking blast. Great friends. Beautiful art. Wonderful places to travel. Amazing kids. Hot girls. Incredible work. My universe isn't black and meaningless. And I waste no time in whether a god or other fairly tale person exisits. And if she does exist, how is that going to matter with how I live my life and what I think of her or the future? It doesn't. Live.

• cofty
    cofty

for what?

eh?

Later.

Off out to do an hour on my bike in the rain.

• kassad84
    kassad84

well, great point DJS.

• kassad84
    kassad84

enjoy cofty!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit