Anyone every been cut out of family pictures?

by love2Bworldly 14 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I've been thinking about something lately that bothers me. I mean it happened years ago, but it just seems really sick. When I was disfellowshipped, my sister took all of her pictures that had me in it, cut me out and saved the rest of the pictures. When I saw her photo album one time by accident when she was still speaking to me, she made some excuse & put it away. It really creeped me out seeing all those cut pictures, like something a really mentally ill whacked out person would do.

Also I remember, I was in my best friend JW's wedding party, and apparently some people were pressuring her to either do the same or not have her wedding pictures on display in her house.

Doesn't that sound pretty sick to you?

• blondie
    blondie

Not that I aware of, buried in the back closet maybe. My siblings pretend they never had a sister, when I was one in good standing. My husband visited the congregation of one sibling to give a talk, and everyone was surprised my sibling had a sister...never mentioned me. Couldn't get much worse.

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Now that is sick, no offense to your sister. It is also childish and a desperate move.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My mother took down all the photos with me in, including my wedding photo and a baby picture of me with my sisters. Only the fact that I used to visit my father, who was never a JW, when my baby was born that I found out.

• Really?!
    Really?!

That is totally sick and very sad. I am sorry for you to have to experience that. Just such stupid thinking and difficult to comprehend from a rational point of view...but I guess rational thinking doesn't really come into it, does it.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Honest-to-goodness that is just terrible for you kids. Terrible. I know your family members are so mind-controlled it's pathetic, but something needs to be done, I don't know what, but this just needs to stop. I have no suggestions all I can do is rant.

• justmom
    justmom

Well, my mom sent the family picture back to me that had me and my husband in it, only saved the ones with our children in it!

Didnt want the demons on the wall in her house!

Ooh well, gotta love em...

kim

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I cut up my sister's photo once. When I was so ill doctors told my mom I would just kill myself which might be a good resolution, my sister never even called for a single minute. As the surgeries increased, she never acknowledged me. It hurt! Meanwhile, when she was temporarily ill, I left a Pavarotti concert in Central Park to rush to her side. I had to wait until a major break for it to be safe to leave. There is a large age difference. I always was into being a nurse. To this day, I don't know why she rejected me. She moved far away or else I would have dropped in someday. When we did speak again, it was awkward. My nephew was antagonistic. There were photos of him in an envelope. I wrote "Yuck" and a sad face on the envelope. Something told me to destroy the envelope. Well, guess who ended up in the hospital and needed her sister to access info near the envelope. Never happened before. I am not creative enough to explain it away.

When I was calmer, I gathered up the photo pieces and had the photo made one at an expensive photography store. I also took the opportunity to have copies of Beatles photos I purchased from Linda McCartney.

Why are families assuming you will never be restored? I also think there is a huge difference between a sibling doing it and a parent.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I well and truly got in my father's bad books over the JW religion - not when I left it, though, rather the opposite.

He didn't object when I got baptised in September, 1972. The stuff hit the fan blades some three months later, when the elders made me throw in my apprenticeship ( the "end was too near", and all that!).

The immediate effect of that was to cause one almighty brawl, when my father stormed into my place of work, intent on punching me clean into the middle of next week! While never much of a one for violence, on that occassion I felt obliged to protect myself by hitting back in exactly the same manner - maybe even a little worse.

Anyway, for four years after that, my name was never even mentioned at home. And after my father's death, I found some family photos in which my face had been removed.

That whole sorry business caused a rift in the family that never was completely healed.

Bill.

• jam
    jam

Yes my grand-kids don't know what I look like.

I was divorce in 1987, two weeks ago my son brought

me a picture from his mom of me., my military picture in 1967.

It is so stupid. That woman still hate my guts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit