Ive followed the pattern!!

by Jon Preston 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

So the WT must be well versed in understanding patterns in us faders. First you comment less, less service, less meeting attendance, then you remove yourself from the school, etc etc. Is there a psychological aspect to this From a non JW point?

I must say i followed suit just so and now am going to take myself off the school. My end is fast approaching for sure and i have no interest in going back. But i had to notice this small point and wonder.

JP

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Sure, why else do you think they have so many meetings and make such a big deal about missing any? It's not like there is any new information. They know that unless people are constantly being re-indoctrinated they will begin to think for themselves and they can't have that. It's cult mind control 101.

From howcultswork.com:

Mind control cults keep their members so busy with meetings and activities that they become too busy and too tired to think about their involvement.

Time control also helps the cult keep their members immersed in the manufactured cult environment.

And time control helps keep cult members away from friends and family

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

That's what dawned on me in 2006. "Same shit, different day." No new information, nothing more to learn.

It's just time wasting and maintaining the grip the Borg have on people.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

yes there is a pattern, you recognise the social and personal cost of being attached to, associated with and promoting of.....a paraiah group. Usually this is kept subdued by being kept busy in religious activity and by giving a false representation of real life and real social perspectives. if everyone you know and spend time with believes as you do, you won't feel odd being homophobic and pro world genocide (armageddon).

As you recognise the embarassing truth, that WT has sold you bullshit, your evolution will kick in, before you know it you wont want to be there, you wont want to stand on a platform and spew their message, you will be ashamed to promote it door to door as they ask of you and eventually the very association of being any part of them will fill you with shame and regret.

They have a hold over us though, to remove yourself from their name completely will cost you all your friends and most of your family. it is the strongest card in their deck and despite the cold and wicked nature of it, they play the card with ease, without it they would be long gone by now.

The good news is, the JW's and their rules are so insignificant to real life.... non of it matters & the people who chose dogma over flesh and blood are the ones who will one day have to face themselves, you are the one in the right, you are standing for REAL truth.

we all went through it, we all experienced the same feelings, desicions. realities......the same pattern.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't know that the "pattern" applies to all, in fact I can think of a number who just went quite quickly, but I suppose they are not really "faders".

With me it was similar to how you describe, F.S went early on, talks in the TMS stopped, but I never formerly resigned, I continued right till the end with excellent Meeting attendance.

I intended to do a fade, irregular attendance and eventually stop, but I just walked out of the K.H one day and that was it, I simply could not go back any more.

The danger with consciously following the pattern is that it does not go unnoticed, Elders will latch on to the fact that you are drifting, so expect some flack.

Once you have stopped going though it really depends on your local Elder's calibre as to what happens, I firmly believe that had I not opened my trap about TTATT to the wrong person I never would have got an Elder visit. My BOE were so lazy that if I had just fed info back to them that "tickled their ears" they would have left me alone.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

quellycatface - "That's what dawned on me in 2006. 'Same shit, different day.' No new information, nothing more to learn."

I remember that moment of realization.

I was still in at the time, and it put me in a bit of a funk.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jon Preston - "So the WT must be well-versed in understanding patterns in us faders."

I'm 100% positive they are, and what's more, I'm also 100% positive they resent the hell out of us for using this semi-loophole to stay in contact with still-in family members.

Why am I positive they resent it?

'Cause if I were them, I'd resent it.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

i don't think the pattern is intentional, for me it just happened...

• Giordano
    Giordano

I was in the tricky position of being in a small congregation and holding 3 positions. I liked the people I associated with but was fading internally rapidly. We engineered our leaving by moving to another state for purposes of work so while our fade was internal and a bit slow our departure freed us up immediately. Once out we simply did not join another KH.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

How should i approach the school overseer to get out of the TMS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit