drunken thread about my niece's JW wedding , my non jw sister and gay nephew impressions,

by Miss.Fit 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Wish I'd been there. We could drink each other under the table.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Thank you for the story! Hilarious! It's sad to think JWs really think they make sense with all the JDumb nonsensical beliefs.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

W is good example of a lonely bored 22 year old. Not smart!

Did your nephew get lucky. I thought for sure the nonJw girl was going to end up with W!

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Hello all: still recovering from our good time. I really enjoyed reconecting with my sisLS.

My other sister LL- the mom of the bride was a nervous wreck and stressed out but she is pretty cool. She drinks when she is stressed....a lot. I got the impression that she wasn't as involved with the wedding as she wanted to be. She looked left out. Her daughter pretty much ignored her.

Though my sis did not hide the fact she thought the reception was boring. She wanted to start the dancing sooner. She was much happier when the dancing started. People were drifting out before the dancing started.

Most people stayed at their tables and didn't mingle. The people that I knew from the hall that I saw kept asking me if I was doing ok.

Btw when niece planned wedding date she didn't realize that the next day was the areas Assembly. The wedding was an hour drive from the brides home town.

Sarah & L2Bworldly: Re: JW with beard: JW had an interesting background.

He talked about having to under go oral surgery that sounded pretty painful. He also used to have a very bad case of acne and had aggressive treatments. He mentioned how his face used to look pretty bad. ( my daughter hastened to reassure him that he looked very good now.)

About being 22 and bored: I think it helped that he was from another city and hardly knew anyone so he didn't have to look over his shoulder. His mom and dad were really nice and laid back. I really didn't see much of the other relatives interacting with them.

Sarah: I have no idea what happened after the 2 guys stumbled off into the sunset. All I know is he seemed more interested in interacting with my nephew instead of the girls but he might be shy.

His dad bought our drinks.

This partying was quite a family affair....W with his parents, my little sis with my nephew, my self with my 2 daughters.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

It sounded like a blast! Too funny!

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Questions and observations from my non JW s is. (3rd attempt for some reason I'm having trouble posting this)

1. Why don't JWs stand up when the bride enters during the ceremony?

?? Anyone? Idk

2. Why did the whole wedding party sit down during the ceremony?

Hello...sermon....oh yeah to make sure no one falls down when they nod off.

3. Headship???Submission???WTF???

(Drunk JW says.. they just meant to show respect to each other)nephew says WTF???

4. Speaker forgot to pronounce them hubby & wife...(too eager to introduce a brother for announcements and prayer)

.....so we were wondering if they were really married?

( sis says yes they signed the paper work.)

5. Sis was amused at the color choice of the guests, white...no, bright red....no, don't get her started on wearing black to a wedding( both mother of the bride & sister of the groom wore black ( black was part of the wedding colors )

Sis says: black is for funerals.

.I said: and your point is.......?

She said JWs do things so weird.

I said: you'all have to excuse them they don't t get out much. They don't know any better.

Here have another drink.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Here is a trip down memory lane. I ran across this and couldn't resist resurrecting it. I needed a laugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit