Are apostates becoming more brazen

by joe134cd 11 Replies latest social family

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was just watching the video of Bo Jensen, when he walked into the Bethel. Although I thought it was commendable for what he did, it got me thinking if apostates are becoming more brazen in taking WT to task. In the short time that I have been visiting apostate sites, I do feel that this is the case. I was even reading a article that ex-members are becoming more open and militant in their approach. I say as as long as the nature is not threatening then power to the people. What do you think

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Hopefully. Although it could be that we're just more aware of it in this information age, it's easier to see individual's efforts like undermining witnessing trolleys and recording JC's on youtube and the like.. I hope apostasy becomes a massive massive problem cos then the society will have to either double down and cause serious disenfranchisement and show themselves as controlling lunatics, or relent and encourage free discussion. The latter ain't gonna happen btw.

• jam
    jam

The WT is going over the edge, many here still have family in

that lunatic religion. We are only fighting back. The WT has become

more brazen against us who have left. We are considered as the

scum of this world so say the WT. I don't give a crap what the WT

think of me but it piss me off when that same type of thinking

carry over to my grand-kids, and the rest of my JW family.

• KateWild
    KateWild

We don't want to play by the WT rules. The rule about not talking to JWs is a stupid policy so more of us that are DF'd just ignore it. I spoke to the dollies on the trollies and we had a really nice chat.

If this is brazen then yes former JWs are becoming more brazen.

Kate xx

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have decided to be more "brazen", in the real sense of the word, not the WT's narrow usage. But, the opportunity has not yet presented itself.

I always used to tread lightly around their sensibilities, being aware not to say anything that might offend them because of their beliefs.

Well now, although I will never be rude or offensive about the individual JW's, their silly beliefs are fair game.

if ever I talk to one, JW family or not, and JW belief or practice comes in to the conversation,they will get both barrells, and no holds barred and any other metaphor that applies.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I guess the difference is phizzy is that I'm a fading dubbie so I have to be a bit more careful in my dealings with them. Would love to tell them what I really think. But am happy with the situation the way it is.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

I have been more open lately with my brother how I feel, wouldn't say anything for ages, but he pretty much feels the same way about it so we have some good discussions now. I wouldn't dare say anything negative to my parents though, not worth upsetting them over. I have no desire to get into arguments with them over it.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Phizzy------you've got the right idea. As long as the Witnesses are tip-toed around, and shunned victims act so scared, they are playing ino the G.B. 's scheme.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Yes, they are becoming more brazen, they are fulfilling bible prophecy!!

They really get bad after the 1000 year reign.

Apostates sure love themselves some headbands.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

joe134cd - "Are apostates becoming more brazen?"

Of course thay are; when outcasts realize they're not really alone, how can they not begin to show courage?

Why else do you think "brazen" conduct is now a DFing offense?

Sometimes I think that if XJWs started running soup kitchens, clothing donation drives, etc. and what's more, directly referenced their XJW status as an integral part of their motivation for doing so...

...WTHQ would start issuing "fatwas" against those very things.

They wouldn't be able to help it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit