CO Visit - Anal Retentive re: Human Desires

by Amazing 12 Replies latest members adult

• Introspection
    Introspection

Can you say, 'projection'?

What's funny is that even with the goal of behavioral control, that's not a very smart way of doing it. It's like telling someone whatever you do, DON'T think about a pink elephant! Apparently the WTS has always believed in the Nike slogan of "Just Do It." Or Don't.

Of course, you can't actually teach them real mental discipline without repression, for one thing the bottled up feelings can be regarded as sinful nature. But of course the big problem is that the rank and file will be too smart then, as they can actually apply that mental discipline to things other than service of the WTS if they are not conditioned with fear.

What I want to know is, if you believe you can't trust any aspect of human existence, how can you trust yourself to recognize the truth? The logical conclusion should be that you really don't know, yet they don't face up to that.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Amazing, I've seen CO's and Elders give the same talks. But then again, doesn't the Empire's literature basically carry the same idea? The Empire rules by fear. Guilt is the main weapon in their arsenal of control and the GB has mastered its use.
    Thinking about the CO's talk you described takes me back to the years I spent sitting at meetings listening to talks designed to make me and the rest of the congregation feel guilty.
    Not going in field service.
    Not going in field service enough.
    Talking about anything other than "spiritual things" in field service.
    Stopping to get a snack or meal during field service.
    Missing a meeting.
    Missing meetings while on vacation.
    Taking vacations.
    Not contributing.
    Not contributing enough.
    Going out to see a movie.
    Sports.
    Going out to dinner with friends after assemblies.
    Nintendo and video games in general.
    TV.
    Any music not on a Kingdom Melodies cassette.
    Motorcycles.
    Two-door cars.
    Turning 16 and getting a driver's license and a car.
    (it was a 2-door)
    Reading car magazines.
    Working at quick-build kh's in other circuits.
    College.
    Tie-dyed shirts.
    Camo pants from Army Surplus.
    Not going to Bethel.
    Not wanting to make Bethel a career.

I could go on and on with that list.

Mike.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Bendrr

Control by guilt, thats why the WT is a cult.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit