The Thrill Is Gone and so is B.B. King- the REAL King

by flipper 6 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper
    I know there's another thread about this specially talented musician's passing- but this guy was a torch carrier from the old bluesmen like Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, John Lee Hooker, and Lightnin' Hopkins who made Chuck Berry millions of $$$$$$ and collaborated with rock n rollers like Bono of U2 . These old bluesmen from the 1940's deserve all the credit for the babv that the blues ended up giving birth to- rock and roll music. Any comments are appreciated and welcome for B.B., music, or the blues in general pour your heart out. Rest in peace B.B. You earned your 89 years brother
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm gonna miss Lucille but my consolation is we have his recordings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8QxOjuYHg

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Flipper, I can't resist another thread about the Blues legend, BB King. Long live the King through the legacy of music he left the world.

I am a huge Blues fan.

There is a couple old Blues legends that should be on that list of greats - Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2T8PjAFDB0

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks for these B. B. King posts and videos.

He died/lived (one of his homes) here in Las Vegas. Truly a legend.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Saw BB in the early nineties at a blues festival in Philadelphia--what an outstanding performer. He will certainly be missed.
  • Twitch
    Twitch

Yea, an original music legend is gone.

The King is dead. Long live the King.

• flipper
    flipper

BROKEBACK WATCHTOWER- True indeed. I have B.B.'s Anthology CD with about 40 songs on it, some of them live performances as well. A truly soulful , magnificent performer and musician. Thanks for the you tube my friend.

ORPHAN CROW- Indeed Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee were a couple more old blues performers who were magnificent. Thanks for the you tube ! I too am a HUGE blues fan ! Been listening to a lot of Peter Green's guitar work the original guitarist of the original Fleetwood Mac as a blues group in the 1960's lately. Cool stuff.

LV101- Wow, so he lived and died in Vegas ? I didn't know that, cool.

BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS- I'm glad to hear that you saw B.B. perform live too. I got that privilege in the year 2000 when he performed in the Sacramento , CA. area . Really soulful performer.

TWITCH- Indeed, a true musical icon is dead. The true King is dead. He was an original for sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit