DATELINE TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY, MAY 28

by AngryXJW 25 Replies latest social current

• Jacinta
    Jacinta

I told my mom about the Dateline show and her response was that it was all from "apostates" or the "evil slave class". I think that is how they will try to explain it away.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well in a gentle way you should say

Listen mom you told me these folks were apostates. But I found out that the people involved, Barbara Anderson and Bill Bowen are actually Witnesses in good standing. And she wants proof give them their phone numbers (note click on the 07/05/02 press release at http://www.silentlambs.org). Also tell her that one was a writer for Awake! and was assigned to research the molester problem in Bethal and the other spent a couple of years in Bethal and then was a presiding overseer until recently. These are just 2 examples.

No doubt she will give you an earful. But let her go. Remind her again that these Witnesses are in good standing, have not been disfellowshipped and are not wanting to bring down the Borg but are wanting to get the leadership to protect inocent little kids from rapists - Then leave it be.

I know you probably won't get too far but you may plant a seed.

hawk

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Don't forget about Solomon. He died apostate, and everybody knows it, but the Watchtower freely uses his writings becasue he "wasn't an apostate at the time."

Heehee.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• LaGuerra
    LaGuerra

I am not a JW nor an ex-JW. I have been studying JWs for a while though. I am extremely glad that this is coming out. I only hope that the WT does not do a number on the congregations and convince them to not watch because of the appearance of DF members on the program. I know a few JWs who would not dare go against the WT and watch. They seem to think the WT has video cameras in their homes the way they act. One of my friend's father is an elder. I have to watch my mouth when he comes over and cover my jewelry since I do wear crosses. I hope that somehow he sees it (Dateline that is). I know his daughter would never dare watch it and he will probably have her come to his house on the night of the program anyway. I am praying for God's Holy Intervention that many JWs see this program and seek to help the children. Good luck to those of you who are up for DF. God will be your strength.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

I understand your mom. If my family didn't have first hand experience I wouldn't believe it either. It happened in our family in 94. My little sister was raped by her father, my stepfather. He was disfellowshiped. We were not allowed to go to the authorities because we would bring reproach against Jehovah and his earthly organization. We were told that Jehovah would take care of it with in time. I wish we would have know about CNN before. I'm positive that my sister will talk.

I am not DF but I now have serious doubts about JW's. I'm devastated, shattered & very upset

• Farkel
    Farkel

ozziepost,

: Anyone know how we can get a 'feed' of this in Australia?

We don't have those rope thingys that you Aussies attach a widget to and swing around in circles a jillion times to make that noise youse all make to communicate.

I guess we'll just have to send you a VCR tape, then!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit