Warning-Samples In The Mail

by Dutchie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

One of my daughters works at Citibank in Manhattan, and they just passed this Memorandum around to everyone. I'm posting it here to keep all my fellow apostates safe:

"Seven women have died after inhaling a free perfume sample that was mailed to them. The product was poisonous. If you receive free samples in the mail such as lotions, perfumes, diapers, etc., throw them away.

The government is afraid that this might be another terrorist act. They will not announce it on the news because they do not want to create panic or give the terrorists new ideas.

Send this to all your friends and family members."

This is a legitimate warning. Please pass it along.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'll bet all my money that this is bullshit.

{of course, I don't have much money, so I'm not taking that big a risk, lol}

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Sounds like a hoax.

The government is closing down every airport and post office where a smidge of footpowder is found, announcing every hint of a possible terrorist threat, and then they are going to keep quiet about poisoned perfume that has already killed seven women???

Someone is gullible.

S4

• detective
    detective

This "reeks" of being an urban legend (bad pun intended).

Unidentified victims, no locations, families willing to keep mum on the loss of a loved one in such a diabolical fashion.

Smells fishy to me.

• target
  • Guest 77
    Guest 77

They have to keep terrorism 'alive.' It's no good to them dead. Terrorism has to be kept foremost in the minds of the public.
    Advertise, advertise, advertise, terrororism is here to stay. That slogan is no different than the U.N's 'peace and security' catch words. People have become oblivious to the U.N. Communism is alive and has been well in America for decades!

Guest 77

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Well, they have some numbers that you can call for confirmation:

Franchell Plummer
    Michael A. Stafford's Office
    Harris County Attorney
    2625 Murworth Houston
    Houston, Texas
    (714) 394-4483
    email: [email protected]

Kimberly D. Smammell
    Massachusetts Institute of Technology
    238 Cambridge Street
    Suite 200
    Cambridge, MA 02142
    (617) 253-3334
    email: [email protected]

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Target:

I just saw your post. I went to the website and it points to exactly what this Memorandum mentions. It even has the same lawfirm that I listed. Oh, boy, was I taken. I am such a sucker! Wait until I tell my daughter!

Sorry to bother everybody!

Thanks target, for your speedy investigation.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Just for completeness, here is another site debunking this hoax:

http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/perfume.htm

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• outcast
    outcast

I can not reveal my sources but this is legitimate.

It has been reported that for several years persons recieving junk mail and actually reading it have over a period of time become brain dead. The urban legend that preceded the voluntary acceptance of said mail, labeled Watchtower and Awake was that persons reading such journals would get the equivalent of a college education.

Sources report that ones who believed in this propaganda could not be reached as they were all busy cleaning offices and washing windows.

But journals have stopped being mailed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit