Episode 2 KICKS A**!! (No spoilers)

by Xander 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Finally saw it last night. Have to agree with Bboy on this episode.

I thought for sure during the frolicking love scene that Padme was going to come over that hill and start singing, "The hill's are alive with music......

And the Yoda fighting scene looked as if he were a toad who just put his finger in a wet 'sprocket'( pun intended ).

I have looked forward to this movie and IMO was a disappointment.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

hi all,

its just a movie

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I just downloaded it. I'll reserve judgement til after I watch it.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Naeblis must have an OC-48 connected to his computer..nice

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost
    How come if C3P-O was owned by lars owen and beru, when he came back to Tatooine in episdoe 4, why didn't they recognize him or he rocognize them. He could have been like 'Oh master Lars! It's been so long!' ---bboy

as to why owen didn't recognize 3p0:
    exterior covering on 3po was different,
    there are many other interpretor droids similar in style seen throughout the series --- in the rebel ship of episode 4 opening shot -- again we see another in bespin, -- as well as in episode 1 when quigon and obiwan act as ambassadors

as to why 3p0 didn't recognize owen:
    for one he didn't really spend much time with him, but really because owen had aged greatly almost 40 years since he saw him last, at that point 3p0 could have just assumed it was another human,
    with anakin it was different because anakin was his maker, programming and voice recognition of the programmer could justify this

in respect to R2:
    i don't think the jet boosters would work underwater or in a swamp for that matter, also in every episode we get to see more of his equipment that is hidden behind the compartments, arms, periscope, tow wire, launcher, projector, etc even magnetized feet'
    which that should be the question then, if his feet are magnetic why did he fall off the x-wing at dagobah?

"we do not see the world as it is,
    we see the world as we are. . ." Anais Nin

• gambler
    gambler

I agree 100% with bboy.Anikins swordsmanship rivals yodas we are told yet he gets his ass kicked and his arm loped off in three seconds, not something that should happen to vader.The yoda fight was awful and way out of character.Anikin should have been in yodas place.lucas has truly lost it.He has lost his talent for creating drama and good flow to a film.

• dubla
    dubla
    i don't think the jet boosters would work underwater or in a swamp for that matter

i never implied he shouldve used them underwater, but rather he couldve flown from his seat on the x-wing to the shore. and why wouldnt jet boosters work in a swamp? too much fog in the air? i cant see how this would matter.

aa

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

I LOVED this movie.

I could've really done without the sappy love scenes. The lines were a bit...ick.

But other than that, I really enjoyed it. I thought it was way better than the Phantom Menace. And Yoda kicked @$$. It was worth it to me to see him "bouncing around like a mexican jumping bean". And when he picks up his walking cane after doing all that...too funny!

Sadie

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost
    i never implied he shouldve used them underwater, but rather he couldve flown from his seat on the x-wing to the shore.---dubla

perhaps an assumption on my part, that flying out of the water/swamp was implied, different brains work differently,
    so true he could have, but then again he was thrown off rather quickly when the ship was bumped and perhaps it takes a few seconds to process the command to ignite the boosters, so he fell in

but as i pointed out above, he has magnetic feet --- we learn this in episode 1, during the repair scene outside of the queen's ship going on in space --- those magnets should have prevented him from falling into the swamp, and kept him attached to the hull of the x-wing, that is a bigger flaw to me than jet propulsion, unless of course the x-wing hull wasn't conducive to magnetism

and why wouldnt jet boosters work in a swamp? too much fog in the air? i cant see how this would matter.---dubla
    a misnomer on my part, what i meant to say was the murky waters of the swamp, the mud, moisture etc, would have prevented R2 boosters from working underneath the muck,

not a rocket scienist over here, just a star wars fan, trying to justify an explanation for such an occurance,

"we do not see the world as it is,
    we see the world as we are. . ." Anais Nin

• dubla
    dubla
    not a rocket scienist over here, just a star wars fan, trying to justify an explanation for such an occurance,

yeah, as a fan i do the same thing actually. im still trying to justify why obi-wan repeatedly spoke of yoda training him in empire strikes back, when in actuality he was trained by qui-gon. perhaps yoda trained him as a young child and then handed him off to qui-gon? looks like a hole to me. another one to raise is the apparent ability jabba has for growing and shrinking. in return of the jedi he is rather large, but then in a new hope (revisited) he is much smaller, the size of a human. this was (at the time) easily explained by the lucas camp, because jabbas species is worm-like, and he wasnt fully grown in a new hope.........backtrack to ep1, oops! fully grown jabba enjoys the pod race.

oh well, i suppose when going back and writing three prequels, a few holes will be inevitable.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit