Emotional ups and down..again

by ConnieLynn 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

Okay, my mom has been sick, back in forth to Florida I have been. She has a serious health issue and almost died because of the blood issue a month ago. She is on the mend (thankfully). I helped out as much as I could and it seemed to really mend our relationship. I checked in with her yesterday after she was supposed to get a vital report from the doctor. Well, SHE brought up the JW/child molestation issue again. (The first time was when there had been an article on CNN and she wanted to warn me about it). Yesterday when I called, she informed me that disgruntled witnesses were bringing reproach on Jehovah's organization etc... well, I totally lost it and just let'r rip. I am positive that I "un-did" all the progress I had made when she was sick. She hung up on me. I called back and got voice mail.

What really pisses me off is that her father molested her as a child and I thought she would have some sort of indignation about the whole thing. She is going to protect the organization no matter what!

It makes me feel nuts, I just don't get it and I don't think I ever will. I think I also got my hopes up because she let me help when she was so sick. I have been out for several years and I still want a relationship that I can't have anymore.

• LDH
    LDH

(((((connielynn))))))

Lisa

• Nikita
    Nikita

(((((((connielynn)))))))

I am so sorry to hear about this. Hang in there!

Nikita

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

((((connie))))

well it's great to hear your mom is on the mend, it's too bad she is too blinded to really see what the ap article means. i'm sorry hun! hang in there

love
    harmony

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

I tried to help my mom to get out of the "truth". She lived with us for close to 6 months. To make a long story short...she was just unwilling to think for herself. It didnt matter what facts were that I had in my possession...she just turned a blind eye to what the real truth is.

Furthermore, she tried to take her own life because she didnt feel that "she could go on". I realize now that I cant help her...she doesnt want it.

It would have been easy for me to give up and say that all witnesses think that way...but the truth is...there are still alot of them who are searching for answers....those people are who I want to spend my time helping.

Maybe your mom wont come around ConnieLynn...but dont give up on the ones that might listen.

Lizard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit