Going to a meeting for the first time in a while- love bombing expected

by DuvanMuvan 18 Replies latest jw friends

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Long story short, i have to go to the kh on tuesday with my mum and i havent been in at least a month now. The reaon im going is because when i got my mum to finally let me make my own decision about whether or not i want to be a jw she made me promise that i'd go to the memorial, assemblies and if she had a talk. She's already told me that people have been asking for me and only a few people in my cong know that i dont think it's the truth.

When i was trying to leave a couple brothers really piled on the "encouragement" and i dread to think about what it will be like when they see me again. What with the gb going on about keeping the young ones in. I've already been offered a study twice and i think they're gonna take me turning up at the meeting (then at the memorial in a week after) as a sign that they need to turn up the sheperding juice. I probably wont be able to wait in the car because my mum will have to talk to the ministry school guy afterwards and she has the keys. And of course, I'll have to make my way through a wall of jws to escape.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about it is how insincere it is. I've sat through enough ministry school sisters "talks" to know bad acting when i see it.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

A thought just occured to me. The reason they're being so uptight about getting me back in is because right now, they have no power over me. I'm not baptised so they cant combat my apostacy with a DF so they're still trying to convert me with the same tricks they use on people new to the religion. They don't like the idea that someone is going around telling his school friends about everything wrong with the religion without being shunned by his family.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

It will probably be as you expect. Lots of 'good to see you again' and possibly one or two holy ones that avoid you like you were carrying ebola. To be honest, I envy your position.You are in control, there is nothing they can do about it, and you have your whole life ahead of you. Don't mess this opportunity up...

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I don't know how old you are but do look into all kinds of educational options

before you get stuck in a minimum wage trap. Apply for scholarships, grants not

dependent on grades (if yours are not high at this time) there are burasaries and

grants based on income only, try out several career paths. I knew a young woman

who was raised by a single mother of five in poverty as a jw and she broke free

and is now an Attorney at Law and very succsessful, coming from a background

of ignorance and poverty. She just showed up, at the local university and started asking

questions and kept at it.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Village girl when I said long story short I forgot to leave a link to the long story in the OP.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/275610/1/Life-for-me-as-a-jw-not-really-teenager#.Uzc2SCcgGSM

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

You go, suck it up for your Mom for now, and take pleasure in the fact that they have nothing over you. Thank them when they say they've missed you, tell them you've been living life when they ask where you've been. Be gracious so they won't be able to say how awful you've become since leaving the hall.

And ask Mom for the car keys on the way in "in case she's running late talking to the brother." Or any other excuse you think she'll accept.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And be confident (not arrogant) and show that you are not on the defensive about your life decisions.

It is after all your life....

• KateWild
    KateWild

I know your mum may get upset, but I think you should trust her and tell her you don't believe any of it and you don't want to go anymore. If you stop going you might save her in the long run too. You are not going to be around for ever and your mum and dad will benefit if your mum leaves too.

My daughter stopped believing and came to me about wanting to leave and I was having doubts myself and left a few months after her.

Kate xx

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Have fun at the Memorial, DuvanMuvan, Don't forget to partake of the wine and crackers! If you do, it may be the last Memorial that your mother invites you to. Remember that you are in the position of power, because you haven't gotten dunked.

If anyone, who you like, says that they missed you, just tell them to call you to play a game or two.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Roert

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

The only reason you are there is to respect your mom. It doesn't require you to be warm nor does it necessitate rudeness. It also doesn't preclude a lengthy trip to the john during the part that comes after the school.

There is something that your mom needs to be made cognizant of-the more thoroughly you reject the WT teachings (since they seem to be pushing it down your throat as much as they can), the more of a pariah she will be. That is the way of the WT. Your rejection will rub off on her and her reputation. Whereas, if you simply faded and they stopped seeing you (and pretty much forget you) then it will be less of a reflection on her. I would hate for her to experience 2nd hand shunning, but the more you are FORCED to resist visits and studies, the more under the microscope she will be. Remind her that the more quietly that you are allowed to slip out of the congregational influence, the kinder that they will ultimately be to her.

Bring something to read in the john.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit