Oh go on---ASK ME ANYTHING!

by Terry 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Sylvia:

Actu ally, the question is a kind of antimony.

LOL.

You did the exact thing 7 years ago.

Antinomy is what you intended.

Antimony - element

Antinomy - mutually exclusive

Love and blessings.

Sylvia

Yes, I am consistently TOO LAZY to look the damned word up before I use it!

At least I didn't confuse it with Alimony!

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Terry)))))))

Just funnin' with you.

Sylvia

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

TERRY

If you and the rest of us were so convinced that the WTBTS had the '' truth ", why are you so sure now it isn't? Which conviction was stronger ? The part that thought you had the '' truth'' or the thought that it was '' false and a lie? ''

• never a jw
    never a jw

Can you lend me a 1000.00 dollars?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Ooh, neverajw, I wish I had asked that question.

• Terry
    Terry

QUESTION: If you and the rest of us were so convinced that the WTBTS had the '' truth ", why are you so sure now it isn't? Which conviction was stronger ? The part that thought you had the '' truth'' or the thought that it was '' false and a lie? ''

The problem with "belief" and "faith" and "convictions" is not really with the OBJECT of belief and faith and conviction.

The problem is with the ABSOLUTE attitude which says, "I can't be wrong about this and I refuse to even consider it."

Then, it goes one step further and says EVERY BODY ELSE IS DEAD WRONG.

When I was a true believer I was high on how RIGHT I was.

When I was filled with rightous faith in the Watch Tower theology I was drunk on ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY.

In other words, I was intellectually dishonest and closed off to rational thinking.

We have to open up to both sides constantly allowing our faith and belief to be questioned.

If we refuse to listen to the opposition we are really signalling fear we might be wrong.

In answer to your question I'll say this: "I am willing to be wrong about anything/everything I think is true--but--I need to

be shown all the facts and evidence first.

If we are at least willing to be wrong---that is honesty.

JW's refuse to be honest.

JW's are dead certain they can't be wrong and the shut the mouths of critics and call names and blacklist, DF and badmouth the "other" side.

JW's don't listen--they pretend to listen while they form rebuttal.

JW's don't do outside research.

JW's aren't allowed to think for themselves.

JW's are held back from bettering their own lives with education or employment on behalf of their own family's well-being.

JW's put crazy-thinking on a level way above practical, logical and reasonable attention to real life.

The Watch Tower religion wastes your time and makes you hate everybody and even pray for a world-wide holocaust. Why? Just

so they can have their reward.

It is a nasty religion and feckless way of life.

It is filled with prejudice, ignorance and propaganda.

There, I think that about covers it :)

• Terry
    Terry

QUESTION: Can you lend me a 1000.00 dollars?

My grandfather taught me something I think is a really good policy. If you're going to help another person with money

you have to make a gift of it. Why? Because, money loaned to a friend is often collected from an enemy. So, either GIVE

the money as a gift or don't make your help about money.

Besides that, you can't lend what you don't have and I don't. But, I'm willing to help anybody in other ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit