Need advice, really wanna play COD

by DuvanMuvan 18 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Oh shoot Duvan ...I saw the title "wanna play COD",

and thought you meant GOD ...shhhheeesh....

I don't speak the language ...sorry!

clarity

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Well cookiemonster by worldy standards I'm pretty much one of the "unlucky" people my age with a parent or parents that doesn't let them play violent games. You ever played gta online? You need to turn the volume down or be forced to listen to a bunch of 8 year olds screaming into their headsets

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hi Duvan Muvan,

I have been reading all your posts. I guess I was in a similar situation to you not so long ago, and, I have been thinking of what I might tell 15 year old me. Even if this post is really about video games, allow me to give you some of my hard earned wisdom:

1) dont get anyone pregnant. Always use protection.

2) Get a job NOW and start saving money. Get a bank account. Never tell anyone how much you have. Dont spend it.

3) Get the best grades you possibly can so you can get into a good college. Think about college.

4) If you love video games so much, you should know there are a number of well-paying professions related to video games. You could make the visuals, build the code, create the character and use the 3D modeling software to build them. Cool!

5) in 3 years you can play all the COD you want. It will go by faster than you think.

6) If you are really going to stick by your promise to attend meetings and assemblies, bring a notebook and write down your ideas instead of taking notes.

7) learn how to do every practical thing you can, like car repair, basic home maintanence, etc.

• TD
    TD
    I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I should go about this. Should I just wait a while and slowly introduce the idea to my mum that I play these games or should I just come out and play them and act like it'a nothing?

LOL - DuvanMuvan.

I'm 45 years older than you. My parents are in their 80's and they'd be absolutely horrified if they knew I played L4D2 and the Borderlands franchise. (My youngest daughter got me hooked on both.)

Some things people will never see eye to eye on. It's probably really tough at 15, but that won't last forever.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Put down the controller and get outside man. Video games are rubbish. Nothing but energy suckers designed to make you a lazy POS. I've seen them ruin many a life and marriages later in life. You'd be better off with a crack addiction IMHO.

• TD
    TD
    Video games are rubbish. Nothing but energy suckers designed to make you a lazy POS.

I've participated in Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day for years. And without much impact on the gender disparity in these fields I might add. There is a lot of recent evidence that girls and women aren't really crippled when it comes to spatial skills. They simply don't learn them at a young enough age and video games seem to be having an impact on that.

So while I agree that they can be abused (Like alcohol for example) I'm not sure how fair it is to paint with too broad a brush.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Perfect1 thanks for the advice. But for no.6 my mum makes me take the iPad so it at least looks like I'm paying attention and I just read a book or something when she isn't looking.

wearewatching it's kind too late for that, I grew up on mario kart double dash and Pokemon. I'm pretty lazy in some aspects but I'm doing pretty well in school so my mum doesn't mind too much

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

Your mum sounds pretty laid back to have let you game in your room to start with,rest assured that any mum would be concerned about their 15yr old son playing gtav, jw or not! I'd say you should be able to make a case for the other games, but maybe have to put up with old TVs graphics for gta's strip clubs for now :p

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

"bring a notebook and write down your ideas instead of taking notes."

...best advice I have seen on this site, pure genius.

we are watching........shaking my head at you, the dude does not abide! The same was said about TV dude...then rock, then rap,then dance.... virtual reality will be the next evil destroyer of youth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit