A letter from my Mom

by ateograciasadios 18 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Yo ateo,

I was in Ecuador. They had that yearly assembly for the english speakers serving abroad in Guayaquil.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You may want to write your mother and ask her if she still follows the bible above all including men. Then quote this scripture

1 Corinthians 13:13

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

13 Now these three remain:
    faith, hope, and love.
    But the greatest of these is love.

Then ask her if she is a follower of christ because jesus said to treat non believers as men of the nations and tax collectors and we know that back then you needed to treat tax collectors with respect or they could charge anything they liked and throw you into jail. Jesus said also going along with the scripture above that love for one another is the second greatest command, and to even love your enemy. He also said not to judge or exalt oneselves. So ask your mother why she is attempting to treat you in a way other than the way Jesus himself would treat me. If your organizations is not christ like then how can it truly be gods organization?

Tell your mother you love her and that you'll will continue to be christ like and treat her like the scripture above says, love before faith.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Non believers of what? Jesus said to treat non believers.

Jehovah's Witnesses non believers is not bibical.

I am going to assume that Jesus non believers were people who did not believe that he was the Messiah.

JWs have a hard time grasping non believer.

• zebagain
    zebagain

Velcro mothers aaarrgh!

• dozy
    dozy

Hmm - tricky situation. Usual emotional blackmail. It's sad.

You don't want to give your mother false hope because that would be cruel , but neither do you want her to cut you off and shun you.

One thing I wouldn't do is phone Bethel and "discuss your doubts in the Org" - that's a one way route to being DFd as an apostate.

Tough call. Some good suggestions by other posters. I wonder if push came to shove whether your mother really would shun you - you haven't been DFd so she isn't obligated by the WTBTS to do so and a mother's love is the strongest of all emotions. My own parents initially pretty much shunned me when I faded , but over the years when they see that I haven't exactly metamorphosied into Satan and am happier and have far better morals than my JW siblings then they've gradually relented & we get on fine now.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Your mom said, "and to help sanctify His name". Why not lovingly explain (Scripturally!) that Jesus, and only Jesus could vindicate his Father's name. (Rev. 3:14)

Also, ask her to read the following Scriptures and then to tell you what they are saying!

Isa. 62:2; Acts 11:26; Matt. 10:18; Mark 13:9; Acts 1:8; John 1:15; John 5:37; John 8:18; John 15:26,27; Acts 10:39; Acts 10:43; Acts 13:31; Acts 22:15; Acts 22:20; Acts 23:11; Acts 26:16; 1 Cor. 1:6; 1 Tim. 2:6,7; 2 Tim. 1:8; 1 John 5:9; Rev. 1:9; Rev. 12:17; Rev. 17:6; Rev. 19:10; Rev. 20:4.

Where in the Christian Greek Scriptures is there a single verse which says we have to be Witnesses of Jehovah???????

Get her to question the Org's seriously flawed dogmas.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

1st of all I doubt you can talk to JR brown directly. You can talk to his office though. But here's a trick. Call his office pretending to be a "worldly" person and ask them if JWs shun relatives. They will lie and say no. Record this conversation and send to your mom. ask other questions and they will lie about them also. ask if only JWs receive salvation and ask if the GB is inspired. The answers they will give to both questions is no. If they were to answer yes to these questions they would appear to be a cult so they will say no. Tell your mom that according to the media office she is not supposed to shun you.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Your mom has mistaken you for someone she controls. I would write back and in no uncertain terms inform her that you don't respond to ultimatums. Then go one to talk about your news ignoring her advice and threats.

So much for the WT platitude that no one should have to choose between religion and family.

• KateWild
    KateWild

It's clear that you care about your mum, it's just a shame the BOrg is ramping up their shunning campaign. She obviously needs you more than you need her so be there for her when you visit and keep in regular contact with her avoiding JW related topics if you can. You sound like a good son. Keep loving your mum, Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit