Text of Guy Pierce Memorial

by Red Piller 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Out of one cult and into another...

It’s so ironic about the “family opposition” he received and being called a “black sheep” when leaving the Mormon religion…part of his job was promoting treatment of other people the same way when they leave the JWs...

• BU2B
    BU2B

Yet another double-standard (do as we say not as we do). The funeral talk outline specifically states NOT to eulogize the deceasced, instead to use the occasion as an opportunity to reach non-JW in attendance. For higher ups like Mr Pierce, its a whole nother ball game. They are inderectly saying his life counts for much more than the average pioneer.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

So Guy Pierce, his mother and sister apostatized from the Mormon faith. Wonder if they were df'd, given public reproof or otherwise labeled as bad association.

So Guy Pierce, his mother and sister were apostates!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I have known many a Mormon family. Mormons have always been known for having 'family worship night'. That is what helps Mormons have such strong family ties.

Ever wonder where the recent WT idea of JWs having a formal 'family worship night' came from? Isn't it strange that Guy Pierce being brought up in a Mormon environment, then becoming a GB of JWs-that JWs now have a 'family worship night'?

What's that expression...'You can take a man out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the man'!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sorry for the duplicate posts. The summit button got stuck.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sorry!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sorry!

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Watch for another "generation" defying Sanderson appointment to the GB

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

So, with the changes, he wasn't annointed until 1999, only two years after being invited to bethel. I feel lost trying to figure this out?

ln 1997, Guy and Penny were invited to Bethel, where one of their sons was already serving. ln 1998, Guy was appointed to be a helper to the Personnel Committee, and he was appointed to the Governing Body in 1999.

He can be in the presence of his great God,Jehovah,and be with his brothers,the 144,000.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I knew Guy personally. I hadn't heard this news yet....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit