Please Be Seated

by MoeJoJoJo 25 Replies latest jw friends

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Remember those signs the brothers used to carry around the conventions in the corridors during the sessions?

"Quiet Please"
    "Please be seated"
    "Keep Moving"

Can you remember any more?

I was always slightly offended by those signs even tho they did say please.

Have you ever been to any other religious gatherings where they carry signs politely asking people to sit down and shut up?

-You can lead a fool to wisdom, but you can't make him think.

• radar
    radar

Keep off the Grass

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

No running (for the kids)

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Angharad
    Angharad

Keep right

• ballistic
    ballistic

Angharad, Ours said keep left. Were you visiting the US? Where this so called Christain unity? This just about does it for me! That's it!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

At the last 2 DC's I attended, the faithful slave provided a new and loving arrangement. Because such a problem had developed with people milling about in the corridors during the convention program, certain brothers were assigned to mill about in the corridors themselves and instruct persons to go to their seats.

• Angharad
    Angharad

It may have been left Ballistic, I just know it was to one side or another - to keep you plodding along like drones!

• LDH
    LDH

Please roll your blunt in the bathroom.

[=O]

Lisa

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Please do not scream during orgasm.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I remember all these signs, and also the "quiet police" monitoring the halls.

On one occasion, me and DGM/BigDave visited another circuit's CA the week after ours (to meet girls, of course).

We were with a couple of other people, and having a great time chatting and laughing in the mezzanine, when Joe Elder comes up and says something about our being a distraction (there was no one else around, except for the occasional hall walkers like us) and asks... no, tells us to be quiet and return to our seats.

So we look right at him, said "OK" and walked right out the exit door!

Man, he wasn't expecting that! He looked pretty stunned.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit