Circuit Overseer wakes up, packs his bags and leaves!

by Anony Mous 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• KateWild
    KateWild

I have heard of COs leaving and becoming apostate. The Borg has trust issues and their promotion process is flawed, most young new COs are genuinely caring and want to make a difference for the better in the congs. The problem with this is that it conflicts with the GB guidelines in the "flock book".

If DOs are taking the places of COs they are more loayally dependent on the BOrg. In order for new COs to remain loyal, the BOrg needs to be more up front with them about the policies. They can only put real brown nosers in this position if they want them to remain loyal.

With all these COs leaving it would be lovely if one or two started posting here. I think I rember reading a comment from a temprorary CO a couple of days ago.

Kate xx

• clarity
    clarity

Whatif ...... nice catch on the house thing ...welcome to jwn!

Did I miss your first post here? Looking forward to hearing

your story.

clarity

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Details: It was Stefan D. (in case you know him) and he was serving in Belgium, Europe although I don't know the area of his last appointment, he originated from the Ostend/West-Flanders area.

He did indeed leave his wife. As far as the ownership of the house and the car, I don't know if those were purchased by the JW's but his family is relatively affluent and some other CO's/DO's I know over there (David Vandendriessche, Leo Allaerts) have/had their own house (sometimes wholy paid for by local congregation donations) but even if the org owned the property, they can't just kick out their 'tenants' based on a difference of opinion - matter of fact, we had an 'apostate' living above the KH in Melle (oftentimes the properties there include one or two apartments).

Regardless, he left his wife, told her he was leaving everything behind (I don't know the details of their conversation, but it may have gone downhill for a while). I don't know the details of his plan or whether he got help, I hope some times he will share his story. He got a job very fast, the guy was very intelligent, if I'm not mistaken his 'day job' while he was a pioneer in our congo was teaching math. I've also heard sometimes people will quote their 'time' in the organization on their resumes and if I'm not mistaken, he does have the support from a great number of ex-JW's.

There is an entire organization of ex-JW's in Belgium dedicated to working with for example a governmental-type service that warns against cults and articles about JW's are frequently featured in local papers and magazines, I'm sure something must have gotten through to a guy of that caliber, I don't know if he ever reached out.

• Bella15
    Bella15

He's a hero, man!

• scarredforlife
    scarredforlife

Good for him! I wish him all the best! I do not think he will ever regret his decision. The broken relationships are sad but inevitable in this impossible situation.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If he was a CO, he was probably recently promoted to "DO" then the "DO" was demoted to "CO", then he got the announcement about DO's being removed and sent on their own. He prob thought the heck w/ this, packed his bags and left.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would hesitate to call him a hero till more details are known for sure, some guys leave to get out of a broken marriage, and then learn TTATT afterward.

However, thanks for the news, anyone of his rank and calbre that leaves causes waves.

• cult classic
    cult classic

About 3 years ago a CO and his wife were on assignment with a congregation here didn't show up one morning for service. Wrote a brief letter saying they would not be back. The circuit was shocked. It's not that difficult to exit quickly if you get a plan together.

*clapping*

• KateWild
    KateWild

Good point Phizzy, people leave for lots of different reasons, and learning TTATT is just part of the leaving process. But I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and speculate that he had a bad marriage because his wife loves being a COs wife and all the perks that come with that and she had no integrity about doing the right thing. The CO could have tried to talk to her about his concerns and she wanted him to fake being a JW and remain still in.

You never know, alternatetively he could have been a drunk that was beating her. We just don't know.

Kate xx

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hey AM, i know who your talking about. he used to give all the talks for younsters at the district assemblies. He never was assigned where I live, but I moved to another country more than 10 years ago. i read your life story, and we might even have met when you were still living in Belgium. I send you a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit