Another classic reply from JW re: pedophile press

by stocwach 4 Replies latest jw friends

• stocwach
    stocwach

Hi Everyone,

This is a response I got from another JW friend after I emailed the link to the article in the Courier Journal:

"Why don't you get a hold of the accused ones, and get there side of the
    story and get back with me. Sensationalized journalism isn't exactly my
    idea of fact.

Get Back With Me When You Heard From Them!

I am not saying the story isn't true. In this country, you are innocent
    until proven guilty. Where they ever convicted in a court of law? Is there
    DNA evidence?

I could say you raped me? But did you? Let be reasonable here. I know of
    a personal incident where a girl was molested by a JW relative 25 years ago.
    At least 5 years ago a Watchtower article clarified that a child molestor
    (proven at the mouth of more than person) could never serve in the
    congregation. This man at the time of the article was serving as an elder
    and was immediately removed as per the society. At the time of the
    molestation he was handled judicially and legally. He was not serving as an
    elder at the time of the molestation. He was later appointed years later.
    But instantly removed as per the clarification."

Unfortunately, I'm sure if I sent the link to the BOE letters that show that whether or not the accused continues with privileges is based more on whether the accused is a KNOWN ped, rather on the fact he committed the act itself, it will just be assumed that the letters have been altered and are not credible.

Just another example of how in the dark JWs are.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    In this country, you are innocent
    until proven guilty.

I wonder if the Judicial Committee that disfellowshipped Carl and Barbara Pandela applied this principle? Somehow, I doubt it. The JW friend of yours should look at their own organization. Afterall, it too is within this country.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    He was not serving as an elder at the time of the molestation. He was later appointed years later. But instantly removed as per the clarification.

Let me see if I’ve got this right: The "Holy Spirit" actually appointed a child molester, only to remove the molester years later.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Talk to the accused ones? Well, IF they were really serious, there are always transcripts of the Beliz and Berry trials. NOT before-bedtime reading.

And their sentencing hearings. Especially the part where Jehovah's Witnesses get up and DEFEND a convicted rapist. "He can be with my children anytime."

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Nikita
    Nikita
    "Why don't you get a hold of the accused ones, and get there side of the
    story and get back with me. Sensationalized journalism isn't exactly my
    idea of fact.

Get Back With Me When You Heard From Them!

I am not saying the story isn't true. In this country, you are innocent
    until proven guilty. Where they ever convicted in a court of law? Is there
    DNA evidence?

So, I wonder if they use this same reasoning when they hear about other "religious" groups who are in the spotlight for similar "crimes"???? We all know they'd be the first ones to jump on the "holier-than-thou" bandwagon!
    [>:(]
    Nikita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit