A Saturday Knock on the Door & the JWN Forum

by kepler 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a number of times I've had that stupid response to "write to the Society" if you have any queeries etc blah blah blah, I tell them I've written to Brooklyn/Mill Hill on numerous times and have not ever received a reply.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Why Christ's passion and death should be observed on a Monday of Holy Week

Do you mean how do they pick the day to celebrate? They always observe it after sundown on the day that corresponds to Nissan 14th or 15th (I forget which). I just know it is usually on the first full moon after the spring equinox.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Good job. Doubtful they will come back with answers to your questions.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I think you handled it perfectly well!

They are out full force, apparently! They were on my street yesterday (Sat.), and there were at least 6 women working quickly.I haven't seen them in my neighborhood in at least a year, maybe more. I didn't want to, but answered the door and quickly told her no thank you and closed the door quickly. I was on the phone and not thinking, or would have asked he rto place me on the DNC list.

• Jen1
    Jen1

Saturday a big group was working our street. They missed us out. My husband is ill, and they did not even knock to say hi how are you

• LillyC
    LillyC

Hi,

speaking as a non Jehovah's Witness I have to say I find all JW's (if I may abbreviate), very pleasant charming people. I like having conversations with them. They stimulate thought and debate. I love how smartly dressed and they are, compared to so many people these days who appear to have lost their way completely. They seem so sure in themselves, serene and at peace. I actually envy their certainty in everlasting life. I have never been formally religious at all but I am a great reader, I have many questions and I keep an open mind. I absolutely do not agree with people who are rude to them, they are after all only spreading the word of their religion and their love of God, just as Jesus did.

I am not naive, I just believe we should all look within ourselves and listen and learn from others even if we don't join their beliefs.

• Heaven
    Heaven

kepler, well done. It feels good to get these things out in the open.

you said: "I observe that you have an awful lot of people WITHIN your organization that are very unhappy with it. Now here's a question for you. Why should I be interested in joining an organization that causes so many people so much grief?"

Several years ago I posed a similar question to 2 nice JW ladies at my front door. I asked them "If my Mother had such a wonderful hope in Jehovah, why was she so miserable?" They had pained looks on their faces. They have never returned.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I used to be polite with them, as I feel most have been deceived into joining and guilted into the door to door work. I know, because I was the same when I was in. So I asked them, politely, to put me on the do not call list. I asked, politely, the next five times they came by. I called the KH and asked them politely to put me on the do not call list, I wrote a polite letter to have them put me on the do not call list. I reprinted the letter the next time they came by and gave it to them. The last time they came by, I was sick in bed, in my robe, my hair uncombed. I was NOT polite.

I think you should be polite, in general, but there is nothing wrong with challenging the lies that they spread around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit