What was the most rebellious thing you did while you were a devout jw?

by DuvanMuvan 54 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

My family (mother aunts and grandmother) - all diehard jws - would always have turkey for Thanksgiving. Perhaps they were rebelling and I was not even aware.

Good for them and yummy turkey.

• perfect1
    perfect1

2nd base in the woods!

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Which one's 2nd base

• perfect1
    perfect1

1st base: kissing

2nd base: boobs

3rd base: groin areas

home base: sex!

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

1st base: kissing

2nd base: boobs

3rd base: groin areas

home base: sex!

I did all of these when I was a Dub.

But I was 21... when normal people have it with 14, 15.

I feel so retarded!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Always wondered what the bases were....guess I would have to fess up to hitting a few homers back in the day

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Nothing too serious for me... cussed and watched R-rated movies from time to time; attended a couple rock concerts.

I actually played fair and followed the rules pretty much all my life, mostly because I believed what I was told about being "blessed" for it (needless to say, that belief was steadily eroded by the passage of time).

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Drinking, mostly. When I was a teenager, my friends and I would rent a motel room during the circuit assembly and drink, smoke and watch R-rated movies until all hours in the morning. Naturally were out of it during the morning session.

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

Growing up a gay JW kid in the 60's, one of the first rebellious things I did was to learn to lie

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

What if we were never that devout? Does it count as rebellious or does it fall into the category of normal but stuck in a cult?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit