How do you mentally switch off

by joe134cd 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

For me it was easy because I stopped going to meetings. I did not have to deal with hearing all the bullshit. I am happy I haven't been to a single meeting in months (And won't, unless there is a funeral or something idk)...

Anyways, I have a facebook page where I pretend to be a good JW but I post a lot of historical stuff about the JW's... It's interesting to see their reactions to old old light...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You need to learn to meditate. You can go into your " mind palace ", just like Sherlock. Then you will be in control and you can more easily dismiss and deflect the hateful speech that is spewed from the platform. For example, " Can you do more for JEHOVAH? Are we giving JEHOVAH our best? Are we serving JEHOVAH whole souled? Are we honoring JEHOVAH with our valuable things? We are good for nothing slaves. We are just pieces of dirt/dust. ect...

You can probably think of other phrases that send a chill up your spine and make you literally sick to your stomach. Those phrases are cult mind control techniques. They are VERY powerful. Just think about how long you have reall known that something was wrong in the ORG. Then you learned TTATT. Are you immune to those phrases? Probably not. So you need to defend yourself. It's not easy.

Take care of yourself physically. That will help your mental balance. Then you can learn to throw out harmful attacks in word-form. In time you get stronger and their words have less effect. Then you can sit through a meeting or a convention if you need to. It's physically tiring, but if you can't get out of a conflict, the next best thing is a strong defense.

DD

• wallievase
    wallievase

I know how i do it. Every hall i read the bible throughout the entire meeting so i am not wasting my time and i am taking in the real word of God. As for other times, i try to remember that in my opinion most witnesses are captives of a concept and not bad people. Lastly i try to remember my family and how i dont want to be put in a spot where i cant talk to and deal with them

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its been hard for me as well, got my DA letter rescinded so I could go back and try to wake up family from within. But i have only been to a couple of meetings since. Its so hard to go and sit through all the bullshit and every time i'm there i'm thinking that I'm showing the kids i'm still supporting the crap. So yeah stuck between a rock and a hard place and also not sure how to do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit