The End of Circuit Overseers

by wisdomfrombelow 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I am sure that the term "circuit overseer" will be gone soon. They seem to be changing vocabulary and the presiding overseer is now the "coordinator of the body of elders" and all "district overseers" will be gone in a few months. They used to be called "Circuit Servants" but they will never re-hash an old term so they will make a new term. Even if it is unnecessary it gives the false impression of change=progress so I wonder when it will come. They snuck the new district overseer modification right after the watchtower study about all the progress in the last 100 years so l guess that when they have another watchtower like they then they'll send out another letter about another change. I wonder what the new title will be?

• Mum
    Mum

Bishop, i.e., what it really is?

• Listener
    Listener

Whatever it is I bet they will have spent hours and hours talking about it. That's what they do in a men's club.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.............It would be the "Same Job" with a "New Name"..

.................................... "Circuit Motivator"

............................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• smiddy
    smiddy

They snuck the new district overseer modification right after the watchtower study about all the progress in the last 100 years......?

Just what exactly has been the progress these past 100 years ? Are these people still in it , for real ? Anybody who swallows that line has to be a moron.

smiddy

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

It reminds me of when they started calling a bunch of guys Environmental Technicians.

They were previously known as dustbin men.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Dunkin' Deacons

• designs
    designs

The should bring back Colporteurs...

• Syme
    Syme

It doesn't have to be a significant change, just trivial word-playing, such as:

-Circuit representative

-Regional overseer

-Visiting overseer

-Visiting representative

-Travelling representative

-Circuit coordinator

-Regional coordinator

And a more fancy one: Circuit slave

[P.S. To the Service Committee: if you use any of these, I want credit]

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Is'nt it going to be Branch Representative?

I don't know potata, potarta. The only people that will care are the arse kissers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit