When and where is the War in Heaven, supposedly?

by jam 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• jam
    jam

Are we talking about two different wars, one in the Heavens and

the other war when Babylon the great falls (false religion).

After Babylon the great, Satan turn his attention to JW's and

God steps in to save his people.

I can not believe I told people that.LOL

• ptt7000
    ptt7000

I agree with one poster that it happened not in 1914 but sometimes shortly after Jesus ascended and the "Dark Ages" of mankind began. Revelation is a book of symbols and Michael normally stands for Christ.

http://www.beautiesofthetruth.org/Archive/Library/Doctrine/Mags/Bot/90s/2014A.pdf

BTW: Volume seven was written by Rutherford and some others. Russell was deceased when it was written and published.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well according to the WT there is a kingdom of love and thats the kingdom that was being talked about in Ephesians and 1 corinthians 15 so maybe theres 2 actual cases of satan being thrown out of two different heavens and maybe jesus did get crucified on a stake one time and on a cross the other time. maybe were talking about 2 different dimensions, whatever it doesnt really matter what we're talking about because if the gb said it then it must be true.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

..uh, the view of the time period in Europe alone called the Dark Ages stopped when I was young. Historians believe they were completely wrong to view it as a time of no advancement and darkness. The Witnesses and anyone else who sees history as Eurocentric are wrong. An entire planet was busy. I heard the new term for what was once called the Dark Ages on TV a few weeks ago. I did not know this warped history was going to be presented or I would have paid more attention. Wikipedia probably covers it.

Do you realize the vast regions of the Earth unknown to Bible authors? This reads as though Christopher Columbus was a discoverer and a hero.

Truthfully, I have enough problems navigating this earthly sphere without borrowing silly wars in the heavens. Jesus can work on the ills on earth first, then go conquering heaven. To leave the Witnesses only to do the Witness thing is very sad.

• smiddy
    smiddy

A war in heaven ? What weapons would they have used , if no weapons are used wouldnt it just be a fight ? or a riot ?

Or did they just dance around , calling each other names....... I`m curious.

smiddy

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Band:

Not everybody has such a rosy view of the early middle ages.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Wonderment made a good comment about Luke 10:18 (here) that related to when Satan is ousted from heaven. I am reposting a portion of his post here so as to catalog the reference with this subject.

[Start quote]

***** said: "It is interesting to note that JW.Org changed the meaning of Luke 10:18." At that he said to them, ‘I began to behold Satan already fallen like lightening from heaven’ (old NWT) and ‘ ........I see Satan already fallen......from heaven.’" (new NWT). Both of these translations are wrong for the same reason and in this case the action of falling from heaven is complete not ongoing."

The ESV Study Bible comments on this verse: "It is not clear whether Jesus is speaking of a vision by which he saw something in the spiritual realm or if this simply a graphic declaration of what has been happening, but in either case Jesus indicates that Satan's authority and power over people has been decisively broken."

Although the imperfect tense used here (" I was watching Satan fall") is normally associated with the past, context has to be taken into consideration for the final rendering choice, as the ESV Committee suggested that the passage was not all that clear. Allowing the possibility of a vision here can justify the NWT translation reading. Jesus' reply that he saw Satan fall has been viewed several ways. One explanation of various given, is that Jesus may have been saying he saw the casting out of demons by the Seventy as the beginning of the ultimate defeat of Satan himself.

[End quote]

Bobcat

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Hindu Mythologies have numerous accounts of these wars between gods and demons. The Christian Bible is no different. The Almighty god, in a moment, can make the demons powerless. Then why the need for a war ? Religion defies common sense and if we take some time to think about this we won’t waste time in determining the logistics and timeline of these.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

God dwells is ridiculous. God is not a human or dog. Heaven is not a physical place. These are crazy scriptures written by a man so crazy the Church Fathers wanted the book suppressed. One bishop used the failed prophecy to damage a monk considered not obedient enough. Also, it has been a while but I don't recall Michael everywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit